Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has undergone switching from a general student visa in the UK to a spouse visa and also what their journey was like?

·
Registered
38,989 Posts
It's quite popular. amd provided you meet the requirements, it shouldn't be too difficult. Two things stand out - meeting the financial requirement, and evidence of a genuine relationship, as there's sadly quite a lot of scam when people try to extend their stay and want to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife and I have - see here. Happy to answer any questions!
Thank you very much! this was super helpful, much appreciated for this:D
I just want to ask, did you use any immigration solicitors, I am currently booked for an interview with a company that goes by IAS (https://iasservices.org.uk/) because I want my application to go as smoothly as possible.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We didn't use a solicitor. I used this forum and did my own research and everything went smoothly. I'd advise you do the same unless you have something which could make the application trickier such as a criminal record or previous marriage etc.

By all means have a free consultation with a solicitor, but you'll find all your questions can be answered on this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.