Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have currently 457 visa. Looking to apply for 175. I have completed my graduate and post graduate in electrical engineering from india. Got 4+ years of industry experience in computer networks and communication.
My question is "Can i get positive assessment from Engineers australia based on qualification and experience?"
I know ACS require 6 years of exp so its not an option.
For engineers australia, I dont see any experience requirement which is surprising. I have worked in communication software development for past 4 years and in india Communication engineering is sub branch of Electrical engineering.
I dont have IELTS score. Will i be required to give IELTS before submitting to EE association.
I know if i have to get positive response i have to write CDR as india does not come under washington post.
Thanks for your responses
regards

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Ashish, was Computer technology a part of your curriculum in engineering? If yes then u do not need 6 years experience. You need 4 years experience. Have a look at ACS site and check the requirement for ACS Group A and Group B. I think you fall in Group A and need 4 years exp. Best is to speak to an agent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.