Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I really need some advice.
I'm a Semi-Permanent Make-Up Technician currently based in London and I've been advised by many of my clients to move to Dubai and set up my business there.

I've never been to Dubai and I'm quite excited by the prospect as I really don't enjoy London and haven't done for years, so I'm thinking the move would do me the world of good.

The first problem I'm facing is that I don't know where to start? Many people have suggested I contact the embassy. I've tried calling the embassy in London on 2 separate occasions to no avail, so I've also emailed them and I'm yet to receive a response. Should I go there physically?

I was hoping that somebody would advice me how to get the ball rolling.

Thanks

Camilla x

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Hi, I really need some advice. I'm a Semi-Permanent Make-Up Technician currently based in London and I've been advised by many of my clients to move to Dubai and set up my business there. I've never been to Dubai and I'm quite excited by the prospect as I really don't enjoy London and haven't done for years, so I'm thinking the move would do me the world of good. The first problem I'm facing is that I don't know where to start? Many people have suggested I contact the embassy. I've tried calling the embassy in London on 2 separate occasions to no avail, so I've also emailed them and I'm yet to receive a response. Should I go there physically? I was hoping that somebody would advice me how to get the ball rolling. Thanks Camilla x
I think the complication you may face is the type of licensing you will require for your business. If I'm not mistaken, what you do is a form of cosmetic tattooing and that is not as straightforward as just being a normal make-up artist. Ramadan starts tomorrow and everything gradually grinds to a halt over the next month, but I would suggest you try contacting Dubai Chamber of Commerce here in Dubai to explore what you would need to start a business of this nature here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts