Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I am seeking some advice on my query .
I have been in Australia since July 2016 on a 457 visa and will be returning soon to India due to my wedding which is planned in January . Since I am a Catholic mg fiancé and I will not be getting married the civil way . We would prefer nuptials in church post then we will get it registered . We wish to move here in Australia and would like to know if it's advisable to apply now and submit the marriage certificate later in January . I want to understand I'd that's possible . Also I will be taking up my then husband's name so would get all the legal formalities done only after marriage . I am aware of the other steps like PTE ,ACS etc . Just unsure about the above . Also we would be applying for 189 visa type .

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Hi ,

I have been in Australia since July 2016 on a 457 visa and will be returning soon to India due to my wedding which is planned in January . Since I am a Catholic mg fiancé and I will not be getting married the civil way . We would prefer nuptials in church post then we will get it registered . We wish to move here in Australia and would like to know if it's advisable to apply now and submit the marriage certificate later in January . I want to understand I'd that's possible . Also I will be taking up my then husband's name so would get all the legal formalities done only after marriage . I am aware of the other steps like PTE ,ACS etc . Just unsure about the above . Also we would be applying for 189 visa type .
You can start the process right away for PTEA and ACS

Your name change after marriage will have no adverse effect as you would have the papers for marriage and name change

You can add your fiance also as migrating with you right away even if you are not married
But beware that you will have to satisfy the CO that your relationship is genuine

Cheers

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi ,

it is better to have evidence of relationship for considerable period of time before applying visa, there have been cases where marriage was recent (2-3 months old) and case officer has asked to provide further evidence of relationship, few of such cases are pending for past 6 months

check this https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa...endent-visa-(subclass-189)-document-checklist

Marriage and relationship documents
Marriage certificates or relationship registrations for you, your partner, or anyone else included in your application, even if they are not joining you in Australia. If you or anyone included in the application has been widowed, divorced or permanently separated, provide the death certificate, divorce decree absolute, or statutory declaration/separation certificate as applicable.

Genuine relationship evidence

If you are married or in a de facto relationship, evidence of a genuine and continuing relationship with your partner to the exclusion of all others. For de facto relationships this should include evidence that you have been in the relationship for at least 12 months at time of application. Evidence can include, but is not limited to, joint bank account statements, billing accounts in joint names, and other evidence of cohabitation.

meanwhile, as advised by newbienz you can start the process with english test and skill assessment, good luck

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi ,

You will be issued with a Marriage certificate by the Church Priest, translate it on INR 100 bond paper in English,if its in regional language.

That's more than enough as legal proof of marriage as per marriage special act.

Because the priest or pastor who solemnize your marriage is a registered marriage registrar under special act.

That certificate is valid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skill assessment

Hi need some guidance on ACS skill assessment . I am a bcom graduate and have also done a software engineering courses for four years out of which I served internship of one year and continued as a business analyst and currently working in TCS . My total work experience is 5 years and currently on deputation since a year in Sydney . My fiancé who is currently in India has also 5 years of work experience and has a bachelor degree in commerce and is working in the trade and finance sector for a bank in India . We are intending to apply for a PR and would like to get a skill assessment done and we are quiet keen on understanding the process and documents required and what skill should we be applying for . Any advice is welcome . Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also I will be the primary applicant . So does my fiancé need to go thru PTE and ACS skill assessment unless we need the partner points ??

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Hi need some guidance on ACS skill assessment . I am a bcom graduate and have also done a software engineering courses for four years out of which I served internship of one year and continued as a business analyst and currently working in TCS . My total work experience is 5 years and currently on deputation since a year in Sydney . My fiancé who is currently in India has also 5 years of work experience and has a bachelor degree in commerce and is working in the trade and finance sector for a bank in India . We are intending to apply for a PR and would like to get a skill assessment done and we are quiet keen on understanding the process and documents required and what skill should we be applying for . Any advice is welcome . Thanks
Please go through this thread carefully
Most of your questions will be answered.
If you still have doubts, i am sure one of the members will help you out

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...at-1st-thing-i-should-do-12.html#post12514498

Cheers

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts