Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just after some help and advice really,
Myself and my husband are thinkng of moving to spain but have no idea were to start, we are after advice on the best places to live with children (one not born yet and one of 7) and how to go about looking for jobs and schools etc we would like to live were there are other expats.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and look forward to all your advice x

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi there just after some help and advice really,
Myself and my husband are thinkng of moving to spain but have no idea were to start, we are after advice on the best places to live with children (one not born yet and one of 7) and how to go about looking for jobs and schools etc we would like to live were there are other expats.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post and look forward to all your advice x

Hi and welcome to the forum. Most areas have a good few ex pats, especially the costas and where there are expats there are schools with British kids, altho they're taught in Spanish and mix with the local Spanish kids, but they pick up the language quickly when they're young

Jobs are a different story. There are very few (its far worse here than the UK at the mo), it depends on qualifications and ability to write and speak Spanish, but things are bad here. You should come over and have a look around, do some fact finding etc

Jo xxx

·
Registered
601 Posts
The first thing that you should do is make a list of all the things that are important to you in choosing an area - and that will help you draft a shortlist of places to research. You should deffinately look at renting a property for the first few months to make sure that you are suited to life in Spain ; that you like the area that you have chosen ; and it is always better to make a decision about buying a property when you have had a little time to adapt to your new life.
i

·
Registered
19,439 Posts
snip

I agree that you should come and look around if you can and rent at first while you look to buy. Try to look in a few different areas and if you can at different times of year. The weather, population and feel of a place can change completely between August to Feb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.