Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer is offering 3 years 100,000 km free maintenance and service. But one of my friends advised me, she had a Focus but gave her a lot of troubles and had to spend a lot of money even though it was under maintenance contract. You know these fine prints issue. Many of the clauses they will not bring to your attention at the time of buying. I heard in the past, maintenance is expensive for Ford. Welcome your thoughts. A I making a wise decision in buying a Ford car. Please get back to me

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think almost all car brands (with the exception of Lada, Geely and some others) build good cars. Sometimes people do get problems because they are unlucky (buying a second hand car with a shady history --> which is your own fault) or because they simply treat it like a sack of ****e. If you take proper care of your car and don't jump over speed bumps, hit other things, drive offroad if the car is not made for it, drive through potholes, accelerate hard with a cold engine, rev till the limiter every time etc then I highly doubt a car having a lot of trouble...

Having said that, I think Ford cars are good. I think your friend had so many issues because she drove it like it wasn't meant to... Did she stick to the maintenance intervals set by Ford?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
and what is "expensive" maintenance?
If Honda/ Nissan is your benchmark, please compare the two keeping in mind the service intervals.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi
We also have
Fix It Again Tony
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Fix Or Repair Daily
The list goes on!
If the OP is buying a brand new car with 100,000 km maintenance package - then they should only need to put fuel in car and pay for consumables in that time (brake discs and pads, tyres, etc.)
Cheers
Steve

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
I want to buy a Mustang in Abu, I'd rather finance it what am i looking at per month & for how long
Hi,
Normally 20% deposit.
Then interest rate varies from bank to bank - anything from 0 to 2.99% on new cars.
You can finance up to 5 years normally.
Some dealers do deals this time of year so that you don't need to put down the deposit.
You can then effectively drive away a new car with near to zero initial outlay.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
The dealer is offering 3 years 100,000 km free maintenance and service. But one of my friends advised me, she had a Focus but gave her a lot of troubles and had to spend a lot of money even though it was under maintenance contract. You know these fine prints issue. Many of the clauses they will not bring to your attention at the time of buying. I heard in the past, maintenance is expensive for Ford. Welcome your thoughts. A I making a wise decision in buying a Ford car. Please get back to me
The maintenance packages offered by Ford includes all maintenance and repair, except tire replacements. Maybe your friend had to replace tires, and pay for that (some Focus cars come with relative "expensive" low profile tires). Otherwise, other than I cannot believe your friends had to pay for regular maintenance and warranty repairs. I think the Focus is a great car (rented a few in Europe), and my sister in law has a 2011 Ford Focus here in Dubai, raves about how well it drives, and how reliable it has been.

I have personally have very good experiences most of the time with Ford from the moment Al Tayer took over from Galadari; its been a huge improvement. We buy every 2 years a new car with them and have no concerns with maintenance. Most Ford's we bought had the 3 year maintenance package upgraded to 5 years at the time of sales after a bit of negotiation. Just bought a fully loaded 2015 Explorer LTD for my wife and she could not be happier.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have personally have very good experiences most of the time with Ford from the moment Al Tayer took over from Galadari; its been a huge improvement. We buy every 2 years a new car with them and have no concerns with maintenance. Most Ford's we bought had the 3 year maintenance package upgraded to 5 years at the time of sales after a bit of negotiation. Just bought a fully loaded 2015 Explorer LTD for my wife and she could not be happier.
A new car every 2 years, they must absolutely love you.

In fact, I might love you. Let me know when you're selling the current one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts