Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have shipped my dishwasher to Cyprus but using the normal dishwasher tablets from home and making sure that I have filled up the rinse aid in it I am having problems !!!! everything is coming out with a fine layer of white smears ,dusty etc having to re polish the glasses with a cloth as they look awful the machine is also full of the white film too.is there something i am missing ? is there something else I should be doing because of the water , is there another product I should be using on top or instead of what I am using does anyone have simular problems or resolutions how to stop it ?

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Hi I have shipped my dishwasher to Cyprus but using the normal dishwasher tablets from home and making sure that I have filled up the rinse aid in it I am having problems !!!! everything is coming out with a fine layer of white smears ,dusty etc having to re polish the glasses with a cloth as they look awful the machine is also full of the white film too.is there something i am missing ? is there something else I should be doing because of the water , is there another product I should be using on top or instead of what I am using does anyone have simular problems or resolutions how to stop it ?
The water in Paphos is very hard, maybe the tablets don't disolve properly in it.
Perhaps you should try the powder instead.
I always use the powder and don't have any problems.

Veronica

·
Registered
650 Posts
i don't have a dishwasher here but I was told you have to use something called Calgon or Calgonit on every cycle. One is for the washer and the other the dishwasher. This is in addition to the detergent and it also protects your machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.