Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks Ashish..!

What is the evaluation criteria, especially in the current scenario to gauge areas which has bucked rental downfall? Most inner suburbs in Sydney has seen a steep fall in excess of 20% in rentals. This makes investment properties unattractive, especially with property rates declining non-proportionately to rental prices.

In other words, If I were to invest now on a investment property, should one wait, since more downfall is predicted post October? This prediction is based on rumours again as agents are offering crazy discounts and rent free period to lure renters into breaking their existing lease. Yes, I understand it is a long term game, but any money saved now, will be a big gain overall.
Hi Bud

You said investment and inner areas and rentals in same post. 馃檪

You are right. However, inner areas are most impacted, no one visits CBDs, apartments and businesses are shut down, rentals have dropped.

However, there are markets within markets. Have you seen a drop in north western suburbs?
Have you seen rental drops in middle to outer ring suburbs?

I think the answer to the above questions would be No or say; slightly.

Similarly, investment is made when you are ready, where it makes sense, where growth is still to be had or at least the area is least likely to fall, I would also add decent yields so my properties or portfolio can sustain with me putting least money.

Prices and rentals are driven by demand and supply. When demand is more and supply is more, prices may remain stagnant and not drop. When demand remains and supply falls, prices rise and rental follows and varied scenarios. You also combine other stats like days on market, compare previous trends to see where a suburb falls in its cycle and it could be different to a state cycle in general.

Why not look into Newcastle and surrounds, QLD or even VIC for your investment? Move where money is. Why restrict yourself to a few suburbs when you can analyse and measure trends of 15000 suburbs across Australia. Regionals are picking up and since 2016/17, if you pick well, you may ride the wave for a year or two before another stagnation phase.

Regards

Registered
You also combine other stats like days on market, compare previous trends to see where a suburb falls in its cycle and it could be different to a state cycle in general.
Any pointers on where such a data can be sought?

Appreciate your overall response..!

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
You also combine other stats like days on market, compare previous trends to see where a suburb falls in its cycle and it could be different to a state cycle in general.
Any pointers on where such a data can be sought?

Appreciate your overall response..!
Domain, realestate suburb section, i also see realestate commercial website, abs statistics website, etcetera.

I also have paid corelogic and pricefinder accesses as well.

Regards

Reactions: fugitive_4u
41 - 44 of 44 Posts