Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a gay couple Looking to buy a house in Murcia, we have two kids one who is classed as ADHD, we are lucky enough to not have to work full time, my partner is a hairdresser and English teacher, and I can turn my hand to anything. We have found the perfect house which we can afford to buy outright, and have enough money to live on for a few years without working, but obviously I would love to get a job.
Would love to hear from any other young families who have moved to Spain, with any advise they have to offer or hints and tips

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
You are in a very fortunate position
Just enjoy it!
I'm sure you know about the job situation, which is dire
How old are the children?
I have no knowledge about facilities for helping kids with ADHD, but someone on here is bound to know.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Remember that "common law" relationships and (I believe) same sex partnerships are viewed differently in Spain with regard to residency.

That is, with a married couple if one has a job or can prove sufficient income, then the whole family is covered. If there is no marriage then they are considered individuals and both have to prove sufficient income etc.

In your situation, I'm not sure who would be financially responsible for the children.

[I don't think I've explained myself very well but, hopefully, you get the gist.]

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts
Remember that "common law" relationships and (I believe) same sex partnerships are viewed differently in Spain with regard to residency.

That is, with a married couple if one has a job or can prove sufficient income, then the whole family is covered. If there is no marriage then they are considered individuals and both have to prove sufficient income etc.

In your situation, I'm not sure who would be financially responsible for the children.

[I don't think I've explained myself very well but, hopefully, you get the gist.]
yes you're right

if they aren't actually married it can make things difficult in the red tape department

on a local FB group atm there's an unmarried couple - he has a contracted job, but because they aren't married she can't register as his dependent - she has to do so independently .... but she's heavily pregnant so won't be getting a job any time soon & they (apparently) don't have the funds for her put the required amount in a bank account in her name, even temporarily

children can be registered as the dependents if 'natural' or legal (as in adopted) children of the person registering (with all the paperwork proving that involves, apostilled & maybe legally translated too)

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts
... but it all depends which one of the couple adopted them - or can they jointly adopt in the UK?
I don't know tbh - I'm totally out of touch with what happens in the UK

on the other hand - they could be the natural children of one or either I suppose

still, if as they say, they have enough funds to live on for several years, registering all of them shouldn't be a problem, as long as they have the paperwork

as long as the children are officially 'attached' to at least one of the adults, I mean - & that if they need permission to remove them from the UK, that they have it

·
Administrator
36,384 Posts
SORRY, You're correct. I made a big boo-boo and made an assumption.

Note to self, think first (I seem to be making a lot of these mistakes recently - maybe it's the heat:))
for sure the heat - it's certainly warming up nicely & it's not quite the 40th May yet ;)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Hasta el 40 de mayo, no te quites el sayo

According to Collin's Dictionary there is an English language equivalent...

"ne'er cast a clout till May be out".....

I had never heard of the English version....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts