Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, anyhow let me just get straight to the point.

I have a boyfriend of 2 years + who's a British citizen, I'm a Malaysian and we have both traveled to each other's home country once.

Since we don't have plans to get married so soon yet, but we intend to live together and close the gap/distance between us. Ideally, I would want to move to the UK and live with him. I can easily enter the UK without any visa (tourist visa up to 6 months) but I would really like to work to earn some pocket money while I'm there. Working illegally of course is not an option. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for the tier-5 work & holiday visa as Malaysia is not listed.

Any ideas?

Your advice/help is much appreciated here.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Your options are limited.
Other than marriage and spouse visa, there is Tier 4 student visa with confirmed place of study, payment of tuition fees and living cost of £800 to £1,000 a month, which allows you to work up to 20 hours a week, or sponsored Tier 2 General if you are in a shortage occupation or being transferred by your employer (Tier 2 intra-company transfer). Other visas like Tier 1 entrepreneur or investor require significant capital of £200k to a million.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
In order to work in the UK you must find an employer to sponsor you for a Tier 2 visa. If your job doesn't fall on the shortage occupation list an employer must 1st prove there is no one in the UK or EU who can fill the position. Unless you have some rare talent, your chances are slim and no one is going to sponsor you for a casual job making pocket money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.