Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am looking to move at the end of April, but have just had a shock from the letting agency.

They have told me that the day i move in i must pay 100 euro to the electricity board and 300 euro to the water board....is this right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
Hello!

I am looking to move at the end of April, but have just had a shock from the letting agency.

They have told me that the day i move in i must pay 100 euro to the electricity board and 300 euro to the water board....is this right?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you :)
This is normal

It is a deposit which renters have to pay in case they do a runner leaving unpaid bills which unfortunatelyy is all too common.:(

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
This is normal

It is a deposit which renters have to pay in case they do a runner leaving unpaid bills which unfortunatelyy is all too common.:(
Actually looking at your post again the 300 to the water board looks excessive to me.
The electricity board do require a deposit but I would recommend that you go to the water board yourself to make sure that is correct.

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
I thought that seemed a lot! I can understand a small deposit but 300 euros extra means staying in england for an extra month :(
Where is the property?
As I said the 300 euros for water dosnt seem right to me at all. It might depend on who the supplier but when I think about it I can't remember anyone having to pay a deposit for water, only electricity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In universal area, through a website - simplycyprus

Do you know of any letting agencies that you would recommend? I will be moving on 30th April and keen to secure an apartment before I arrive. Only looking for a one bedroom as it will just be me moving.

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
In universal area, through a website - simplycyprus

Do you know of any letting agencies that you would recommend? I will be moving on 30th April and keen to secure an apartment before I arrive. Only looking for a one bedroom as it will just be me moving.
Hmmm, I am saying nothing:rolleyes:
Let me talk to a few people I know to see if this sounds right.
You have plenty of time to secure something so don't rush into anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.