Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is "Kuma" for now..
I am a dual holder citizen of both Libya and the U.K. 19 years old. I live in Benghazi Libya. I will be inquiring over some information, i am not sure if this is the correct email i should be mailing but here it goes.
Last year in March 26th i secretly apostle from Islam (after a lot of reading) and have kept it secret till now, with only minor problems happening once every while even though that was for defending the Israeli people. It was just some harassment and that is nothing i can not handle. Apparently there are some people we must hate just cause it says so in the Qu'ran, Strange world.
As for the U.k. i have not been there since 2006, have no U.K. high school degree and all my papers and official documents are linked to my parents, including my relatives there and their connections and friends. I do not think i will be able to stay there.

I just want to know my options if i ever make a mistake and this goes public. Asylum is the last thing i want to do, as i am in university studying medicine and i am from a good income household, but i want to know my options, because another of my friends announced that he quit Islam a few months ago during the revolution (around 7 months ago) and he "disappeared" a few days later and i haven't seen him since. Apparently this is one of the fore-tellings of the end of the world.
This has not been the only incident, like when they came up and rounded a bunch of Death-metal fans and said they were satanists, put them in intensified Islamic courses and they came out full right wing, don't even listen to music anymore. The gays never had it as bad but they are good at covering it up. The one Jew who famously came a few months ago was kicked right back out of Libya.
My family is very right wing and pwerful so i would to know my options in regards to asylum. If something unfortunately happens and i am forced to leave, i want to be as prepared as possible.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Please read the posts in your previous threads.
On a personal note - why should the US issue an asylum visa to a UK citizen whose issue is that he renounced a religion?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have read up on this a lot. Like i said it is my last choice. I would prefer to stay in the U.K. it is my home. If this is my last option theoretically.

1. I have family in the U.K.
2. My family is extremely important politically. My 'relative" is the Obama/Cameron of Libya. Yes, it is that big.
3. My families enemies are even worse, especially during election year. "this year"
4. The U.k. government have protected Mousa Kousa over political relations and secrets, what makes me think they will protect me from them when they will benefit if they give me back!!
5. Tracking me is easy in the U.K. since all papers are connected to my family. I still have a route 15 credit card. (Which is meant to be cancelled at the age of 15)

Theoretical last option.

My plan is to finish the next 2 years and just go to the U.K. in my own free will. I feel that as long as i keep things quiet, nothing will escalate too much to get to this point

G

·
I have read up on this a lot. Like i said it is my last choice. I would prefer to stay in the U.K. it is my home. If this is my last option theoretically.

1. I have family in the U.K.
2. My family is extremely important politically. My 'relative" is the Obama/Cameron of Libya. Yes, it is that big.
3. My families enemies are even worse, especially during election year. "this year"
4. The U.k. government have protected Mousa Kousa over political relations and secrets, what makes me think they will protect me from them when they will benefit if they give me back!!
5. Tracking me is easy in the U.K. since all papers are connected to my family. I still have a route 15 credit card. (Which is meant to be cancelled at the age of 15)

Theoretical last option.

My plan is to finish the next 2 years and just go to the U.K. in my own free will. I feel that as long as i keep things quiet, nothing will escalate too much to get to this point
Why not ask your "relative" to get you a diplomatic passport and some kind of low level, no-show Libyan government appointment in the UK, or another country?

That way if you need to hit the road, you can when the time comes, and before it's too late.

-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can hit the road myself, i know the U.K. ambassador on a personal level. Going to alexandira Egypt will cost me 50 and then its 1 place ticket.
Once i get there i will have no clue what to do since it will be the first time since i was 15 five years ago.
I would prefer no-one in my family know i am away, but most logically the first place they would check is the U.K. Pretty sure a quick paper and document check can monitor all my movements or something.
I'm pretty much drawing a blank afterwards..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.