Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having a serious headache about my BRP problem and I could really appreciate the collective wisdom of the forum.

I'm an Indonesian and currently I'm an Erasmus student studying in both UK and France. Spent the first year in UK (hence why I already had BRP) and now spending third semester residing in France. My BRP expires around October next year so I'm thinking of pursuing the dream and job-seeking in UK.

However it is just so happened I lost my BRP here. I have applied for my BRP Replacement visa but I'm now not sure about the BRP Replacement itself.

My problem is basically that I have no current de facto UK address and I'm actually residing in France for now. So I'd start with 2 questions. 1) On default, to which address the replacement would be sent? Is it either the home/corresponding address we write in the application form, or they'd specify this again later, say, if we submit it in person to the premium service 2) I take it they won't be able to, even using premium service, send the BRP to an address abroad?

If the answers to above are both yes, then what I have in mind now to have it sent to some safe place in UK. Now I have two options to retrieve this BRP. 1) I could try finding somebody to courrier it to France. Honestly I hate this option as it is making me very nervous. 2) Go back to UK (after returning to France) and retrieve it physically myself. I prefer this, but my question is can I just apply for another BRP Replacement visa from France to go to UK again (because I've used a BRPR visa just before and from their perspective the BRPR following that visa has been delivered)!!!

It frankly is giving me massive headache. Would appreciate all of your opinion on it... Thanks!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.