Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, bit of a confusing one here but I'll try my best to explain it.

So I started a job in the UAE in August. Didnt like it and resigned finished my notice and got my visa cancelled last week. Paid all my reimbursements back to the company and got a receipt and also received clearance letter from company.

The day before I was set to return home, my bank contacted me and stated that my employer requested a refund of last months wages. I immediately went to the employer and disscussed it. They couldn't understand it. Since, they have figured out that there was a misunderstanding as in my first month I resigned and unresigned as I was feeling home sick. I'm asking them cancel the request with the bank but the process is going slow.

Will I be able to return to the UAE in the future on holiday or even transit through? Is there anyone I can call in the UAE to find out if I can return or would they only lie to get me back into the country.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
There's only a legal problem if the company files a case against you. That is not what has happened. You should be fine. The bank was incompetent but there is no bounced cheque, no debts, no absconding. Those are what causes problems.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Send the bank a copy of the clearance letter from the company to the bak and invite them to go sort it out.

The bank can make no demands for money on you, as you owe them nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, of course you'll be able to return as PP said, so long as you don't have any cases against you, bounced cheques or unpaid debts/bills. If this were the case then you wouldn't be able to leave in the first place, they would stop you at the airport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts