Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just been vetted and have qualified for a full Independent Permanent Residency VISA (Subclass 189).

I have been running my own business now for the last 7 years and have made the decision we want to take the plunge and move over to Australia with our 2 year old daughter to provide hopefully a better way of life.

The problem I have come across after reading threads online is that its actual NOT that straight forward setting up your own business or at least getting a job without AUS experience. Also converting your qualifications to there equivalent is very time consuming and costly.

The adviser told me I would walk straight into work etc and for being very successful here in England I don't want to just give this all up to struggle once we get here.

I have my Level 2 NVQ in plumbing and also just about to complete my ACS in Gas. I have also a Level 4 HNC in Building Service Engineering.

If anyone has any advice regarding this it would help massively as well as advice on the best places to immigrate to and types of pay etc...

Thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts