Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I'm an Indian Nurse, presently living in India. I have done a course in the UK(Northern Ireland) however, unfortunately I overstayed there for a month without knowing about my visa curtailment. When I came back my home I applied for a worker visa to Ireland but it was refused due to my overstay. Now my wife(Indian) is working as a nurse in the UK(nhs), is there any problem for me to go to the UK on a spouse visa. Do I get spouse visa? If not please tell what can I do for getting. it. Please help me, I'm cornered please

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Any immigration offence committed in UK, Ireland, Schengen countries, US, Australia and New Zealand will be taken into account.
Unless either of you have settled status in UK with ILR, you can only go to UK on dependant visa so you have to rely on her Tier 2 General visa (if that's what she has). You have to disclose your immigration history for Ireland and it will be taken into account. Whether you qualify for a dependant visa or not rests with UKVI. They are getting very strict with visa offenders and rejection is entirely possible. You just have to present a very good case, first by acknowledging your visa offence in Ireland, taking full responsibility for it, showing regret and your desire to want to join your wife in UK, determined to do things correctly this time. This still won't guarantee a visa but you may have a chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.