Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I know it's too late as FLR M already submitted for hubby at PEO after being on a 33mth spouse visa issued in Albania. We were given a letter saying application valid but further enquries required and that we should hear in a weeks time? We make plenty and have a new baby together.

1. What are further home office checks?? - lady said normally take a couple of days to a week to come back and she would send documents and passports? I also overheard another lady say to her i had one come back in two days which was a refusal (wish i had not overheard that but could be any type of visa!)

2. My husband was issued a speeding fine in Albania which is always issued at the local court ie it's not like here where you get them on the spot they take your licence then the next working day you go and pay the fine at the court. Genuinley forgot to add this to criminal history as just assumed it to be a FPN speeding fine never saw the info about being issues in court...now stessing this will mean my husband will get refused and 10yr ban for not declaring :(

Really worried about point 2 as we have just had a new baby and don't want to loose my hubby because of a silly mistake :(

Please looking for some reassurance...

3. Will the speeding fine even show up on their checks as to get criminal record checks in Albania it has to be done in country from the searches i've made????

Thanks in advance x

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Could be anything but unfortunately Albanians have a poor reputation with Home Office for visa scams, dishonesty etc so they are probably not taking any chances. They look through various databases they have access to.
#2 and #3 I don't think speeding conviction alone will merit refusal, though not declaring was a no-no. Home Office has no access to foreign court record and they are unlikely to approach Albanian authorities about speeding fine. Of course dishonesty is a serious offence and since they are trying to reduce migration, you can't really expect leniency. But only if they find out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa was hoping you would reply looked through loads of stuff and u are very experienced!!

Well u are correct about albanians he was here illegally for many years on no visa then went home of own accord and applied for uk spouse from albania! My name was spelt wrong on spouse visa but have letter from albanian embassy but could still be checking this maybe also they issued 27mth instead of 33mth in error and we tried for ILR in feb which was refused and had to get spouse visa amended at croydon!

Couple other questions based on above...

1. FLRM 5.1 states did you enter legally we answred yes to this based on research as for purpose of flrm he legally enteted on spouse visa and we entered date he entered on this visa and the type...(spouse visa declared he was in uk illegally
and i know hey can see this)

2. 5.6 Have you ever been deported or asked to leave? We answered NO as he left to go home of own accord no one knew he was here! (declared on orig spouse visa)

3. 5.7 Have you ever overstayed visa? Andwered NO as he never had visa to overstay as came illegally and has been on spouse visa (again cong illegal declared on uk spouse visa)

Again from research is this ok but wanted your opinion (prob should have put in extra info but i was answering questions based on current visa).

Also in the section when did u meet how long have u lived together this i put as when we first met 6 years ago so not trying to hide anything

Hope you can put my mind at rest!

Also they said couple days a week to hear back i take it this is beimg dealt in office at liverpool where we attended?

Thanks so much for above xx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appologies for using the text speak just saw your message westcoast and can't reply to you or edit above ( "u" should be "you" for anyone reading) x

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya

Can anyone help with the second part...

**Also can I assume its the same checks done abroad for uk spouse visa that are completed in the uk for FLR m visa?

Thank you in advance

x

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
All you can do is wait. There is nothing you can do while they look at your application and do some checking.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know nothing i can do we just have to hope we get an answer soon so we can carry on with life and our new baby :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.