Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I want to apply for PCC.

My passport is from Gujrat, however my current residency was in Pune.
At which office should i apply?

I am in melbourne currently and would be going to india in next 2 months.
Can you suggest if i can get PCC within 2 months if i apply from melbourne? or would it be easy to do this in india itself?

Also, is PCC absolutely essential while filing for PR? I am asking just in case it takes a longer time depending on how it works in india.

please suggest.

hj

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

I want to apply for PCC.

Can you suggest if i can get PCC within 2 months if i apply from melbourne? or would it be easy to do this in india itself?

Also, is PCC absolutely essential while filing for PR? I am asking just in case it takes a longer time depending on how it works in india.

please suggest.

hj
Hi hj,

a month back I too filed for my Aus PR from India. Yes PCC is essential. You can get your Indian PCC within one month time (max 1.5 month). I would suggest you better apply for your PCC in Pune.

Gud luck

Vinod

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi all,

I want to apply for PCC.

please suggest.

hj
I was in a similar situation as you. I applied online in Perth at IHC visa information - Australia - Home page, went to their office and handed over the documents. I received PCC very fast...No enquiry nothing from my home. In India, my husband applied and there was so much fuss. So I strongly suggest that you should apply in Melbourne only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

Even I applied online in Melbourne. It took only one to one and half month to get my pcc. My passport issue happened in Pune. But my current indian residential address is hyd. Though Im staying currently in Melbourne it tool less time to get my pcc and passport back. I suggest you to apply either in the passport issuance city or from your current location in Aus.

Please be aware you need to submit your passport to get PCC.

So plan accordingly your international travels.

Thanks
CD

·
Registered
323 Posts
In your case I would recommend apply at VFS Melbourne. It may cost you in $$ but you would get it without much fuss. And you can apply online & post the docs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,
Thank you very much for the information.

The only question that i have now is if i apply for PCC in melbourne and i dont get PCC in another 1.5 months (after which i have to fly india), would i be able to withdraw my applicaiton?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
Thank you very much for the information.

The only question that i have now is if i apply for PCC in melbourne and i dont get PCC in another 1.5 months (after which i have to fly india), would i be able to withdraw my applicaiton?
Hi,

I applied for Indian PCC with VFS in Sydney on June 17th and I got my PCC back in mid August, it was almost 2 months to get Indian PCC. The worst thing is they keep our passport during this time.

You application will be cancelled if you withdraw it and you have to apply for the PCC once again, plan before you apply for PCC with VFS.

Best of Luck

S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts