Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a permanent move to Derby. Any advice (safe place to live),warning or welcoming suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like anywhere in the UK it depends area, are you going to working in Derby?
Hi...Thanks for your reply...and, yes, a good question....No, I am retired, but very young fit mature person. I plan to buy a nice, but small house close to the centre of Derby.
I have a close friend, who was born and raised in Matlock. I have heard so many delightful stories about the surrounding countryside and when he attended an Art College in Derby many years ago.
This sparked an interest and over a number of months, I have scourged real estate websites in the Derby area and there seems to be endless opportunities for a wonderful, yet close, community life.
I hate driving and haven't owned a vehicle for a number of years and after living in outback Queensland for a period of time, I realised I am a city person.
I am fortunate enough not to be seeking any form of employment, but, think Derby is pretty much centrally position, I can tour and see everything to be had.
I am in the process of gaining a UK passport...Dad came from Hull...all takes time, but if things shape up, I will be heading over there Aug/Sep next year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.