Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 35 year old independent child. On FLRM Section 4, question 4.2 - Do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor? Does this question refer only to dependent children, or both independent and dependent? If I need to answer yes, do I then need to supply an original birth certificate for him?
Thank you,
Kathy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I have the same question (sort of).

My husband and I have one child and my husband has two children from his first marriage. They are all British citizens and over the age of 21 and independent.

All three children were listed on my first settlement visa - the question was worded differently than on the current FLR(M) form.

So they are not dependents as per section 4 of the FLR(M) but in section 13 Documents, Children's Birth Certificates it states: "original full birth certificate for each of your children. This includes children applying for an extension of stay in the UK with you, as well as children not applying with you and those not subject to immigration control"

There does not seem to be an age limit of under 18 for Section 13..

Anyone have any clarification?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am anxious to hear about this, as my FLRM appointment is coming up in 3 weeks and I don't have my son's birth certificate as I gave it to him a long time ago.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am filling out the FLR M. I am in Britain on a fiance visa. My child is 35 years old, independent, a U.S. citizen, lives in the U.S., not coming here. Do I need to provide an original birth certificate for him under Section 13 - Children's birth certificates - "An original full birth certificate. This includes children applying for an extension of stay in the UK with you, as well as children not applying with you and those not subject to immigration control." I need to get a birth certificate from the U.S. if so.

Also, Section 4, question 4.2. I am answering 'no' - 'do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor?' as the heading for the section states 'Dependent children.' Even though I do have a child whose parent is not the sponsor, the child is not dependent. Is that okay?

Many thanks!
Kathy

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Would you consider a 35 year old as a "child" ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Crawford, No I guess I wouldn't. I just didn't know if the caseworker would. But anyway, we have called the visa people up and we were told I did not need to supply a birth certificate for a non
dependent adult "child." (or offspring) Thanks for your input,
Kathy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.