Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone completed an adoption in France recently? I adopted a little girl and she's here in France, but her visa is about to expire and I need to get an extension. We are American, but went through the French system so need a letter from the judge finalizing the adoption here. Any advice is appreciated. Also, the rules have have apparently changed and now I have to resend the paperwork to a court in Marseilles (as opposed to our local justice). Does anyone have experience with this? Do I send the same paperwork? Does anyone know the address or phone number?
Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
49,408 Posts
Having absolutely no experience with adoption here in France (other than a friend who went through an "open" adoption from the US several years ago), best I can do is to send you to the official French government site for adoption:

Je vis avec l'enfant - J'accueille l'enfant : mes démarches - www.adoption.gouv.fr

Even found you the page that tells you what to do once you have the child home with you. The main thing seems to be to contact the social service agency you have been dealing with. They should be able to give you the address of the office you need to contact for that final letter from the judge.

I don't think the expiration of the visa is a big issue as long as the visa was validated (i.e. stamped on entry to France).
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.