Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of adopting my wife's son here in the Philippines. There are two items that I need to provide as part of the paperwork.

Proof that "His country has diplomatic relations with the Republic of the Philippines" and "that his government allows the adoptee to enter his country as his adopted child".

For any of you that have adopted a child here could you tell me how you addressed these 2 items. Did you have to get a document from the Embassy?

My lawyer says that the second item doesn't mean as an immigrant, only as a tourist. The question seems hard to answer as that would be up to Immigration of your country.

Any ideas on where to find proof of this info?

Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
141 Posts
Without having any exeprience on the matter...
...and understanding that you are looking for proof, "that his government allows the adoptee to enter his country as his adopted child", I offer a couple of ideas.
1) Canada has an Embassy in the Philippines which has a web page and services dedicated to help Filipinos obtain a variety of visas to visit Canada.
2) Perhaps the embassy has dealt with other Canadians who adopted Filipinos and could offer information and/or documents which may assist you in the matter.

Visas and Immigration

Adoption for Canadian Residents Abroad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.