Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting messages telling me to uninstall Adobe Flash.
I know it finished/ became unsupported last year.

Any thought on whether I should just leave it or uninstall it?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I keep getting messages telling me to uninstall Adobe Flash.
I know it finished/ became unsupported last year.

Any thought on whether I should just leave it or uninstall it?

TIA.
Uninstall it ASAP, it's dangerous to have on your computer.

Even Adobe says you should uninstall it.

From Adobe's website: "Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems."

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uninstall it ASAP, it's dangerous to have on your computer.

Even Adobe says you should uninstall it.

From Adobe's website: "Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems."
Thanks. Done. (y)

While you're here - any thoughts on an external hard drive to back up my photos?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use two Seagate ext hard drives. One to store my music (flac files) and photos and the other for backing up the system.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Thanks. Done. (y)

While you're here - any thoughts on an external hard drive to back up my photos?
How much storage do you need?

WD has various automatic backup drives. The Elements line. Best value depends on what is currently available. Prices on the various sizes can vary quite a bit depending on supply.

If you're just backing up a HDD model is just fine. If OTOH you're looking at speed for editing (More of an issue for video) you might want to think about a SSD model.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much storage do you need?

WD has various automatic backup drives. The Elements line. Best value depends on what is currently available. Prices on the various sizes can vary quite a bit depending on supply.

If you're just backing up a HDD model is just fine. If OTOH you're looking at speed for editing (More of an issue for video) you might want to think about a SSD model.
I'm not sure about capacity at the moment, haven't got round to looking at the files yet, but it's just for back up.

Can't afford to pay any ransomware. 😊

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I'm not sure about capacity at the moment, haven't got round to looking at the files yet, but it's just for back up.

Can't afford to pay any ransomware. 😊
Remember to not keep it connected to the computer 24/7. When you're not backing up turn it off or disconnect it.

The bigger WD drives tend to be good value. Partly because of the size. Partly because they don't use cheap consumer drives but often use real enterprise drives. The drive companies don't make low end consumer drives in the 10TB+ sizes.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts