Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears

As I am moving permanently to Australia/Melbourne next month, I have an issue with transferring my savings, and would like to hear your advice.

My money is in my bank account in Saudi Arabia, what is the best way to transfer them without loosing much due to the high exchange rate set by the bank it self?

can I transfer them as USD? knowing that I have a Foreign currency account their in Melbourne.

And if I succeed to get the money to AUS as USD, will I be able to withdraw the USDs there as USD notes then exchange them to AUD in the money exchange offices(not in the bank), then deposit them back in the bank as AUD? this will save a lot of money.

Your advice is appreciated please..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you considered something like TransferWise? I am not sure if and how much it would save you, but might be worth consideration.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good time to invest in btc. You can split 50/50 between aud and btc. Then you can wire to your NAB account.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you considered something like TransferWise? I am not sure if and how much it would save you, but might be worth consideration.
Thank you for the response, but excuse my ignorance.
What is Transferwise? and how does it work? is it trustworthy? Do I need to give them my money to transfer it?...

·
Registered
42 Posts
^ Google it and read about it. Yes, it is trustworthy, it is a multi-billion dollar company based in London. You just need to analyse how much you could save by using their service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts