Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends

Can some expert please help me on this query.

My address proofs are of permanent address in Punjab but currently we are living in Gurgaon for last 10 years.

All of our address proofs i.e. Passport, Aadhar, Voter ID cards are of permanent address in Punjab. For the local address, we only have bank statement, Airtel phone bills.

1) I have already applied for ACS and mentioned the current residential address (Gurgaon) in the form while the passport had the permanent address proof (of Punjab) Can this be an issue?

2) While filling up the forms at later stage i.e. for PCC and DIBP processes, which address should we be quoting - Residential (where we have only bank statement, Airtel phone bills) or permanent (Permanent address is the one which has more acceptable proofs i.e. passport, Aadhar, Voter ID etc)

3) Which city we should get our PCC done from?

Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hello Friends

Can some expert please help me on this query.

My address proofs are of permanent address in Punjab but currently we are living in Gurgaon for last 10 years.

All of our address proofs i.e. Passport, Aadhar, Voter ID cards are of permanent address in Punjab. For the local address, we only have bank statement, Airtel phone bills.

1) I have already applied for ACS and mentioned the current residential address (Gurgaon) in the form while the passport had the permanent address proof (of Punjab) Can this be an issue?

2) While filling up the forms at later stage i.e. for PCC and DIBP processes, which address should we be quoting - Residential (where we have only bank statement, Airtel phone bills) or permanent (Permanent address is the one which has more acceptable proofs i.e. passport, Aadhar, Voter ID etc)

3) Which city we should get our PCC done from?

Thanks
Mate..address should of passport where you fill details of address...ofcourse your permanent residential address...i did same..as also live outside of state but i did mention only address of passport...

From where your passport generated..

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mate..address should of passport where you fill details of address...ofcourse your permanent residential address...i did same..as also live outside of state but i did mention only address of passport...

Thanks for your response.

Since I have already submitted my ACS application and mentioned the current residential address of Gurgaon, do I need to get that updated? OR it wont matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
971 Posts
Thanks for your response.

Since I have already submitted my ACS application and mentioned the current residential address of Gurgaon, do I need to get that updated? OR it wont matter?

Thanks
I can say only..that you should contact them by emailing...and let them know.. they are responsive...will retort in one day. I hope there is no issue of your address. At what stage you are?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can say only..that you should contact them by emailing...and let them know.. they are responsive...will retort in one day. I hope there is no issue of your address. At what stage you are?

I submitted the application on 26th Aug. Its with assessor now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot actually..is it a first stage?

After submission, it went to CO and the next day, it went to assessor.

So it is second stage.

I checked the ACS submission and it allows changing the address over there. Can I just go and update the address on that?

·
Registered
971 Posts
After submission, it went to CO and the next day, it went to assessor.

So it is second stage.

I checked the ACS submission and it allows changing the address over there. Can I just go and update the address on that?
If it is so then move ahead. Otherwise contact then. All the best.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

My passport was issued from Chandigarh.

One question though - Will it matter at any stage that I am giving all the proofs of my permanent address in Punjab but I am staying / working in Gurgaon.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
My passport was issued from Chandigarh.

One question though - Will it matter at any stage that I am giving all the proofs of my permanent address in Punjab but I am staying / working in Gurgaon.
ACS assessment requires no proof of residence for assessment.
I fail to understand why you did not give your Gurgaon Address

Addresses can be changed by people at any point of time

What address appears in which document is immaterial as long as it can be linked to you and was correct at the the time of filing the application

The thumb rule of giving home country and address is the one where either you have stayed for the last 6 months or intend to stay for the next 6 months

While getting the PCC ensure that the Gurgaon address is mentioned as in all probability that's the address you would have to give at the time of filling the visa application

Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ACS assessment requires no proof of residence for assessment.
I fail to understand why you did not give your Gurgaon Address

Addresses can be changed by people at any point of time

What address appears in which document is immaterial as long as it can be linked to you and was correct at the the time of filing the application

The thumb rule of giving home country and address is the one where either you have stayed for the last 6 months or intend to stay for the next 6 months

While getting the PCC ensure that the Gurgaon address is mentioned as in all probability that's the address you would have to give at the time of filling the visa application

Cheers
Thanks for your response as always.

The problem is that all my proofs (i.e. Passport, Voter ID, Aadhar) have my permanent address. So I was thinking that I should be carrying this address everywhere (which is Punjab's address and not Gurgaon's)

Technically, I have only bank statement and Airtel bill for my current residential address in Gurgaon.

Understand that the address on ACS might not matter a lot but while going for PCC VISA etc, can this be a problem? Which address I should be using at those stages?

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Thanks for your response as always.

The problem is that all my proofs (i.e. Passport, Voter ID, Aadhar) have my permanent address. So I was thinking that I should be carrying this address everywhere (which is Punjab's address and not Gurgaon's)

Technically, I have only bank statement and Airtel bill for my current residential address in Gurgaon.

Understand that the address on ACS might not matter a lot but while going for PCC VISA etc, can this be a problem? Which address I should be using at those stages?
You have to understand that you are working in Gurgaon and so how is it possible that you are living in Punjab?
If I see this evidence as CO, I will have to conclude that either one of the 2 are false (unless the 2 addresses are extremely close)

Bank statement should be sufficient proof to get all necessary PCC etc for your temporary address.

Use the temporary address for all future applications would be my advise where you are asked to give your current address

Final,decision is yours

Cheers

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree with newbienz's observation.

DIBP, IMHO, does not explicitly expect address proofs for all your residences in the past 10 years (form 80). However what they expect is consistency in the information you have provided across documents. If you say you are working in Gurgaon, you must logically be a resident of some place within commutable distance of Gurgaon.

The key operative word here is 'residence'. AFAIK, it is some place where you have stayed for the last 6 months or intend to stay for the next 6 months. That is similar to the definition used by many countries to define who is/is not a 'Resident' for tax purposes.

Passport, although accepted in many places as residence address proof across India, is not a true address proof document. AFAIK, the process does not allow to apply for passport re-issue just for an address change.

If you are worried about PCC from PSK, a sealed,signed statement from your bank and/or a letter from your employer's HR department should suffice your need for an address proof.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with newbienz's observation.

DIBP, IMHO, does not explicitly expect address proofs for all your residences in the past 10 years (form 80). However what they expect is consistency in the information you have provided across documents. If you say you are working in Gurgaon, you must logically be a resident of some place within commutable distance of Gurgaon.

The key operative word here is 'residence'. AFAIK, it is some place where you have stayed for the last 6 months or intend to stay for the next 6 months. That is similar to the definition used by many countries to define who is/is not a 'Resident' for tax purposes.

Passport, although accepted in many places as residence address proof across India, is not a true address proof document. AFAIK, the process does not allow to apply for passport re-issue just for an address change.

If you are worried about PCC from PSK, a sealed,signed statement from your bank and/or a letter from your employer's HR department should suffice your need for an address proof.
Thanks newbienz and Amazing Tiger for your responses.

I understand your point. Will be mentioning the residential addresses accordingly i.e. Gurgaon where I have been living for 10 years for job.

Another leading question (OR may be an unnecessary doubt in my mind) - When I got my passport created from Punjab in 2011, I mentioned that address of Punjab (I was there for vacation for few weeks and the police verification also happened during that period) and had not given Gurgaon's address (where I was residing at that time also). This was just because of the reason that all my documents had (and have) Punjab's address only and to keep it consistent, I chose to have my permanent address everywhere (I think many of us do due this and not prefer to give rental address where we live for jobs).

I was glancing through Form 80 and it asks for last 10 years of residence and I plan to give the actual residence (i.e. 4 addresses in Gurgaon itself where I have stayed in 10 years).

Now - can it go back to the state how did you get your passport created with Punjab address?

Apologies if it is just a trivial issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can someone please help me in the above doubt I have. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thanks newbienz and Amazing Tiger for your responses.

I understand your point. Will be mentioning the residential addresses accordingly i.e. Gurgaon where I have been living for 10 years for job.

Another leading question (OR may be an unnecessary doubt in my mind) - When I got my passport created from Punjab in 2011, I mentioned that address of Punjab (I was there for vacation for few weeks and the police verification also happened during that period) and had not given Gurgaon's address (where I was residing at that time also). This was just because of the reason that all my documents had (and have) Punjab's address only and to keep it consistent, I chose to have my permanent address everywhere (I think many of us do due this and not prefer to give rental address where we live for jobs).

I was glancing through Form 80 and it asks for last 10 years of residence and I plan to give the actual residence (i.e. 4 addresses in Gurgaon itself where I have stayed in 10 years).

Now - can it go back to the state how did you get your passport created with Punjab address?

Apologies if it is just a trivial issue.

Thanks
Passport is not an address proof document, although in India it is used as one.

AFAIK address change is not an approved reason to get a passport reissued in India. Yet another reason why it is not to be considered as an address proof document.

Many first world countries do not include address in the bio page of their passports.

In short, it is as you say - an non-issue. Don't worry.

In case that is not sufficient to put your mind to rest - think about cases where NRIs reissue passports outside of India. Many do it by retaining their Indian address on it, to avoid processing delays.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Passport is not an address proof document, although in India it is used as one.

AFAIK address change is not an approved reason to get a passport reissued in India. Yet another reason why it is not to be considered as an address proof document.

Many first world countries do not include address in the bio page of their passports.

In short, it is as you say - an non-issue. Don't worry.

In case that is not sufficient to put your mind to rest - think about cases where NRIs reissue passports outside of India. Many do it by retaining their Indian address on it, to avoid processing delays.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks AmazingTiger !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts