Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends !

I have one doubt, I recently got the address of mine changed to my native address in the passport and have applied for the new passport of my baby at my native address.

I am working at Bangalore , for the past one year and earlier was at Chennai. I want to know from where, I need to apply for PCC. Can I get it from my native itself.

Will it have a problem for DIAC, as I am working in Bangalore and the PCC is coming from another city .

Regards

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Friends !

I have one doubt, I recently got the address of mine changed to my native address in the passport and have applied for the new passport of my baby at my native address.

I am working at Bangalore , for the past one year and earlier was at Chennai. I want to know from where, I need to apply for PCC. Can I get it from my native itself.

Will it have a problem for DIAC, as I am working in Bangalore and the PCC is coming from another city .

Regards
Dear mansin;

Apply where you live now preferably,it can also be obtained form your native town or ex city ...either way DIAC's purpose is served...no need to worry about current city and the city of PCC....I believe DIAC requires that if you've lived in a country(not city) for more than twelve months a PCC would be required therefrom...

Best luck!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes I second Hassan's advice. In fact I did the same and had no issues in CO moving it to 'Met' because unnecessarily I have to get reissue done in my current city and then apply for a PCC instead apply at native and get the things done. Infact that way PCC will be done on the spot if your police check during your passport issue was done and PSK received your report and reflecting +ve in their system

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I second Hassan's advice. In fact I did the same and had no issues in CO moving it to 'Met' because unnecessarily I have to get reissue done in my current city and then apply for a PCC instead apply at native and get the things done. Infact that way PCC will be done on the spot if your police check during your passport issue was done and PSK received your report and reflecting +ve in their system
Thanks Hassan and dreamaus,

I guess native is the good choice. As , can have more control over the verification process too. ;)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks Hassan and dreamaus,

I guess native is the good choice. As , can have more control over the verification process too. ;)
but keep in mind that when somebody asks your say you are still living in native else they 'might' ask for pcc from your current city because the whole purpose of pcc is to check from nearest police station where you live to find our any FIR or criminal records against you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but keep in mind that when somebody asks your say you are still living in native else they 'might' ask for pcc from your current city because the whole purpose of pcc is to check from nearest police station where you live to find our any FIR or criminal records against you.

"but keep in mind that when somebody asks your say you are still living in native else they 'might' ask for pcc from your current city"

this , you are speaking wrt to PSK and Police authorities or DIAC, as they would know that , I have and I am working at XYZ companies in these cities.(I would provide them with employment letters etc right ?)

·
Registered
628 Posts
"but keep in mind that when somebody asks your say you are still living in native else they 'might' ask for pcc from your current city"

this , you are speaking wrt to PSK and Police authorities or DIAC, as they would know that , I have and I am working at XYZ companies in these cities.(I would provide them with employment letters etc right ?)
This is wrt to PSK and police. not DIAC. For PCC there is no document needed if address is same as in passport. if different they might need address proof and fresh verification will get initiated. why would you show your emp letters?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is wrt to PSK and police. not DIAC. For PCC there is no document needed if address is same as in passport. if different they might need address proof and fresh verification will get initiated. why would you show your emp letters?
Thanks Dreamaus, I meant , while sending docs to DIAC , I woud be sending employment proofs right .... so if my PCC says that I am residing at my native address , then there would be a ambiguity as to how a person can work at a different location and his PCC states he resides in a different address..

But now I am clear , that PCC is not about proving the address rather about a character certificate..

Thanks for clearing the doubt

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks Dreamaus, I meant , while sending docs to DIAC , I woud be sending employment proofs right .... so if my PCC says that I am residing at my native address , then there would be a ambiguity as to how a person can work at a different location and his PCC states he resides in a different address..

But now I am clear , that PCC is not about proving the address rather about a character certificate..

Thanks for clearing the doubt
even then there is a conflict is should be fine. What if your passport has old address and you are living in different address/city itself? Still DIAC take that passport without issues. So, there should not be any problem.
We use front right part of brain which always think about "what if" kind of situations always...:) so such confusions.

yes, pcc letter or endorsment doesn't even mention your address in it. so don't worry stay chill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.