Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I will be leaving Australia in couple of weeks and currently i'm in 457 visa, i'm planning to apply for ACS before i leave.

For ROR, i'm planning to get from my manager who's employment timeline is suitable for both my INDIA and AUSTRALIA time period of my employment.

I joined in company after him, we both traveled together to AUSTRALIA on same date and i'm leaving before him. (i believe he can give me ROR)

Once i'm back to india, i'm planning to update my passport address. will there be any difficulty if i change my address after that ?

Or If i apply ACS after updating my passport address then i believe i have to find another colleague suitable on that timeline right ? (from date of landing till i submit my ACS)

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Changing address would also mean changing your passport (with a new passport number). I hope you know that change of address does not really require you to update it, but you still can if you like. It does not really matter if you provided one passport (number) for your assessment and used another (newer) one for your EOI or visa application. Passport number you used for the assessment is not listed anywhere in your ACS result anyways. I myself had a different passport for IELTS and ACS and changed it sometime mid-way during visa processing. No problems with that. You are to provide your current as well as previous passports (scans) in your visa application so they would know that both the passports are yours.
(i believe he can give me ROR)
Yes, your manager is the right person to provide you a RnR, but prefer to get it on employers letterhead approved and signed by your HR.
to find another colleague suitable on that timeline right ?
No, it shouldn't be another person to vouch for your skills just because of having a different passport/ address than the work location of your manager. This RnR should be authored by a person who really knows about your work responsibilities and skills and he need not be a resident of the same country as you. For me for instance- a few clients gave me such a reference and I haven't even visited the countries they are from (I worked remotely for them).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts