Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I applied for assessment under ANZSCO Code 261313 two months back. I received a request today asking for additional documents required as below.

Certified copy of the complete and final academic transcript for your Master of Computer Applications degree.

I have done MCA in lateral entry scheme where in I did my APGDCA and then appeared for 2 more semesters to get M.Sc Computer Science and then did 2 more semesters to get MCA.

Now,I submitted all of these marksheets and MCA degree. Now How can I get a complete transcript of all of them for MCA as they were all different Courses? Please help ? :confused:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi sunil131,

contact both education provides (MCA, M.Sc., APGDCA) to get the transcripts. In addition, there has to be some documentation on why you were allowed to enter the courses at a more advanced level (i.e. credit given for modules X, Y, Z which were already covered on a sufficiently advanced level in APGDCA etc.) There must have been a procedure for receiving credits and advanced standing. Submit this documentation plus the transcripts to ACS.

To quote from the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines:

A Bachelor or higher degree course undertaken by an applicant granted advanced standing, credits or exemptions will only be regarded as undertaken where, in the opinion of the ACS, credits or exemptions are given for equivalent subjects, particularly in terms of ICT content, taken at an equivalent educational level in an institution of equivalent academic standing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, My MCA degree clearly mentions (Lateral Entry) which means direct admission. and worldwide the same terminology is used I believe.
However, I am going to visit my University tomorrow and see if there is something called transcripts certificate if they can issue to me.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks for reply !

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi sunil131,

yeah, but "lateral entry" does not clarify which subjects from your previous degree they gave you credit for. If they can produce a credit transfer table or something like that, it would be great.

Example:
Subject X, Y and Z from the APGDCA are considered equivalent to Module A.
Subject K and L are considered equivalent to Module B. etc. etc.

If you can then submit a full transcript of the subjects you took and the curriculum (= all subjects in study program) you should have a strong case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts