Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I hold a Temporary Business Entry (Class UC) Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa. I now seek to add my spouse as a dependent to my visa. She is Indian Citizen.

1. What is estimated time for visa processing once I have all the documents and filed the case with Immigration department of Australia to add my spouse as dependent to my visa ?
2. Does processing time vary if we apply for her dependent visa outside Australia ?

Thanks and best regards,
Amit

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi amitbamane,

you need to lodge a new application to include her in your visa. Generally speaking, it should be unproblematic - you can lodge the application online. Read DIBP Booklet 9 for more details. For example, it states on page 40 that:

If you are a secondary visa applicant and not included in the nomination, you should provide evidence that the standard business sponsor or the party to the labour agreement who had nominated the primary visa applicant has agreed in writing to be your sponsor.
Your employer must be willing to accept certain obligations (e.g. pay flight home for you and her if your visa expires and you don't have the means to pay for it by yourself etc.), so you need that confirmation. A short letter should do the trick.

Unfortunately the service standards only list the time for primary 457 applications, which is 2-3 months. My feeling is that your partner's application should be processed much faster, because there is less documentation to check, but who knows... there should be no time difference, where you lodge the visa onshore or offshore.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
3 Posts
Status secondary applicant 457

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me how to check the status of secondary applicant addition to 457 visa?

I have 457 visa, I have lodged the application to add my partner as secondary applicant but so far have got no response.

Should I check in VEVO with my grant number?

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jack957,

You can check the status online with below details
- Application type
- Transaction Reference Number (TRN)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Country of passport

Generally it takes approx 1month from date of medicals submitted being all documents are ok...
HI Ashokseenu,

Thanks. I need to check only the secondary applicant details. The below link asks me to create an immiaccount which in turn requires some time to get access.

I checked using the primary Visa grant number in VEVO, just wanted to know if secondary applicant is added will it be displayed along with primary applicant in VEVO with same grant number?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Jack957,

Grant number is separate for every application. Myself and my dependants (whom I added later) have different grant numbers.

"immaccount" seems to be recent requirement to check status.

I now checked my VEVO status and didn't get any info about dependants. VEVO requires TRN/Grant/Evidence/Password to check individual details.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi everyone !!! i just lodged my 457 dependent visa recently .. had medical ( x-ray ) this week .. anyone know what is the processing time for this visa ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
i dont have my co number .. my MA is not giving me any information about my application .. he said if you ask anything straightway to DIBP then your visa might be in prob :(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Absolute rubbish!!!! CO are human!!! You are enquiring...there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever....I rang up to enquire re my 190, to see if I needed a further medical done, as I had only had one done 10 months earlier...the co was very helpful, not perturbed by my phonecall at all. Do you have your TRN number???
You MA is taking the Michael !!!! I would insist on your TRN number, contact info so you can speak and get some clarification for your piece of mind.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Absolute rubbish!!!! CO are human!!! You are enquiring...there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever....I rang up to enquire re my 190, to see if I needed a further medical done, as I had only had one done 10 months earlier...the co was very helpful, not perturbed by my phonecall at all. Do you have your TRN number???
You MA is taking the Michael !!!! I would insist on your TRN number, contact info so you can speak and get some clarification for your piece of mind.
thank u very much for your help mate .. i mailed DIBP yesterday and then my co replied and asked me ( form 1221 ) which is done by me now .. and another thing she wants is ( sponser support letter )

·
Registered
13 Posts
have u got sample of sponsor support letter ?? and what is nomination approval reference number ? where do my wife find her nomination number ? because its not written in her visa grant letter ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
No I haven't got a sponsor support letter, your TRN Number should match up with your sponsor for your 457 visa...they should be linked up at your CO end.... Because your sponsor contacts DIBP....they get given a TRN number, your sponsor gives it to you.so you can put it on your application form.... If that makes sense... I was contacted by recruitment with this specific number,because your sponsor needs to fill in their part to apply for the 457 visa first...then everything is linked up,you apply, do your medicals,PCC... Supply requested supporting documents ie birth cert, marriage cert,educational qualifications...then after a few weeks I was granted the visa

Also your wife goes on your 457 visa....

·
Registered
13 Posts
No I haven't got a sponsor support letter, your TRN Number should match up with your sponsor for your 457 visa...they should be linked up at your CO end.... Because your sponsor contacts DIBP....they get given a TRN number, your sponsor gives it to you.so you can put it on your application form.... If that makes sense... I was contacted by recruitment with this specific number,because your sponsor needs to fill in their part to apply for the 457 visa first...then everything is linked up,you apply, do your medicals,PCC... Supply requested supporting documents ie birth cert, marriage cert,educational qualifications...then after a few weeks I was granted the visa

Also your wife goes on your 457 visa....
thanks alot for your help mate ..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts