Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have started this thread to initiate discussion about adding dependents and non migrating family members to your application.

I am about to lodge 190 visa application and i am confused about adding my sister as dependent family member. She is 21 years of age, working and has been living with me for last 1.5 year. Although she is working but her income has not been sufficient to meet the living needs and therefore she is dependent on me for shelter. Can i include her in my application. Our medicals and PCC have already been completed, please advise?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If she's working, it's highly doubtful she would be considered dependent. Living with you is not the same as dependent upon you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Maggie,

Although she is earning but her salary is not enough to meet the living standard. If you look at form 47A it states rental assisstance as one of the criteria.

I provide rental assistance to my sister as her salary is not sufficient to meet the rental payments. She has been with me for last 18 months now.

Even if they dont consider her as my dependent, do you think my application will also be affected??

I am really confused..

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your application wouldn't be affected. If they don't consider her dependent on you, they'd simply tell you to remove her from the application. This is different than how they view things like medical checks, where one fails then you all fail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts buddy. I think i would attach statutory declaration and 47A with my application for time being. Willing to take the risk at this time. As you said if they wouls ask, then only I would remove her.

Which visa have u applied for?? Mind sharing abt urself

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Dependents who are 18+ must be full time students and cannot be full time employees, regardless of the salary ...... So even if she was your daughter, but 21 and working, you couldn't add her

Adding her will waste your time AND money, since it will take time to drop her off your application AND you will forfeit the $1800 fee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts