Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking any of your advise on this...

Currently, my application is in progress. In my relationship status, I stated "De facto" and that is why CO asking me for as follows:

DETAILS OF DEFACTO PARTNER

Please provide details of your DeFacto partner, including birth certificate and passport. Please

advise if your partner is migrating or non migrating.

Initially, me and my partner planned not to include her first as we wanted that I settled in oz first.

But since, my CO asking for above details I figured out, if do we actually qualify as a "Defacto Partners" in the first place considering as follows:

-our relationship is genuine and continuing since Jan 2011
-recognized by each of our families and relatives
-we work abroad in different countries even before we met up to the present
-we've never really live together in long period of times, because of work assignments. But each time we are back to our home country we share a household.
-Joint Bank Accounts, Joint Investment Funds
-my remittances to my partner
-We don't have docs stating we have same address
-My partners has drivers license which indicates the house address of my property
-We can get statements from both our families and friends
-We do have logs for all our viber, skype communications everyday
-letters, gifts, travels we have

Overall, reading on the relationship requirement we can satisfy to prove that ours is genuine and continuing and that we do have long terms plans.

But question is, do you think we can substantiate the requirements of being in a de facto? Or did I even correctly answer my relationship status(to Defacto instead of Never married) in the first place?

Hope to get your advise. Thank you.

G

·
If you have a partner you need to prove who they are, provide medicals & PCC regardless of if they are migrating or not.

You can not prove you lived together? Then it will be hard to prove defacto. Where are you both from, where do you live? Makes a difference as to if you can get away with not living together. Do you plan on getting married?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have a partner you need to prove who they are, provide medicals & PCC regardless of if they are migrating or not.

You can not prove you lived together? Then it will be hard to prove defacto. Where are you both from, where do you live? Makes a difference as to if you can get away with not living together. Do you plan on getting married?
thanks for the reply.
We are from Phils but both of us working abroad in diff countries. We do go back to our home country an average of 6-8 times and that's when we can categorically say we live in same house but no actual docs to prove our address. We don't have plans of getting married. By the way, ours is a same-sex relationship.

I am now thinking of changing my status to "never married" so as not burden ourselves of getting my partner to get pcc and medical. Am I doing the right thing? Pls advise. Thank you.

G

·
I'd say that may be easier. Living apart for work purposes is ok but only when you can prove you live together in between. As it is it will just look like two people living in different countries which is very hard to prove a defacto relationship unless you have really solid paper information to prove the relationship.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'd say that may be easier. Living apart for work purposes is ok but only when you can prove you live together in between. As it is it will just look like two people living in different countries which is very hard to prove a defacto relationship unless you have really solid paper information to prove the relationship.

Dear Shel, please give me your opinion regarding the documents that I can provide for proving de facto relationship!!!
I'm kinda scared that I can't get more evidence...

1. Holidays:
Invoice + flight voucher for vacation in 2008, showing both our names, 1 room;
Invoice + flight voucher for vacation in 2012, showing both our names, 1 room.

2. Flight tickets:
Ticket booked and paid by me for my partner on 2010;
Ticket for me and my partner's mom for short holiday in Italy.

3. Phone detailed invoice, from me, from April - till today

4. Certificate issued by the administrator of the flat, stating that on my address we are living together.

5. Money gram transfer receipts from my partner to me: 05.2013 and 07.2013

6. Invoices and receipts - 2 invoices and receipts from my partner paying utilities on my address

7. Joint bank accounts

8. Yahoo emails, facebook messages - print screens

9. My partner's 8 months contract (April-November) which was out of country and we were living apart this time

10. Photos (22) together (2007-2013)

11. Statements: from 2 of us, 2 friends, his mom, his sister.

And that's it :|

G

·
What about prior to april when he went away to work. Where you living together then?

Moneygram reciepts mean nothing, you can send money to anyone. Joint bank accounts mean more IF you both use them, have wages paid in etc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What about prior to april when he went away to work. Where you living together then?

Money gram receipts mean nothing, you can send money to anyone. Joint bank accounts mean more IF you both use them, have wages paid in etc.
We were living together for about 5 years or more.

About the money gram receipts.... It's written on them his name as the sender and mine as the receiver... anyway, I will put them...maybe it helps...
About joint accounts... this can be a problem :| We weren't very active on them :(
Any other suggestion?.... Thank you Shel!!

G

·
So if you were living in the same home find or request backdated copies of anything official, utillity bills, credit card statements, bank statements, insurance, letters from any 'official' source addressed to either of you but showing the same address. Proves you both lived at the same address even if bills dont show joint names.

You only need a handful covering at least 12 months, maybe 1 or 2 extra.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So if you were living in the same home find or request backdated copies of anything official, utillity bills, credit card statements, bank statements, insurance, letters from any 'official' source addressed to either of you but showing the same address. Proves you both lived at the same address even if bills dont show joint names.

You only need a handful covering at least 12 months, maybe 1 or 2 extra.
Thank you Shel for your suggestion! I will try to dig harder and find some other evidence.
All the best!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am from Singapore and my IELTS and skills and qualification shave been assessed successfully, next step is to submit an EOI.

I am in a committed same-sex for the past 7.5 years. It will be 8 next year. However, we have never lived together due to family issues. Our families are aware of the relationship, but being in Singapore, it did not make sense to rent a place of our own. We have a bank account in her name and I do contribute to the account. But, I am unable to put my name in that account as we are not related. Singapore does not recognise same-sex relationship at all. Therefore, we are unable to get a house, joint bank account etc.

The only form of evidences we have are,

- Travel details
Just like what chany mentioned, I am able to provide flight, hotel details of our trip.
-Photos, letters, messages
-Statements from our family, friends
-I am currently funding her part-time education

Any advice pls.
Thank you very much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts