Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks

I m in kind of a dillemma in applying for my 175 visa. The issue is that in my dependants i have my wife, a kid, parents and a younger brother (19 years of age).

I understand that adding my parents as dependents in the application would weaken my case as they might not be able to clear their medicals or may b some other reason. The question is that what if i add my brother as a dependent in my application alongwith my wife nd the kid, and show the parents as non-dependents?

Please let me know:

1. Is this possible?
2. If its possible, then will it effect my chances of getting the visa?

Your help would b highly appreciated.

G

·
As he is only 19 you have a pretty good chance he will be accepted as your dependent if he lives with you and you can prove he is your dependent. Which means he is not working, is not married or in a relationship and should be studying.

If the above is not true they will reject his dependency and ask you to remove him from the application.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u Shel for ur help. Can u plz clarify if this means that i can add him to the list of migrating dependents? (sorry for being so inquistive about it)

G

·
Does he live in your home?
Is he working?
Is he engaged to be married?
Is he studying full time?
Do you pay for all his needs, food, clothing, utillities?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. he lives in my home (the house owner is actually my dad)
2. he is not working
3. He is NOR engaged/married
4. He is studying full-time
5. I pay for all his studies and needs (but thats all cash transaction :))

thanks a lot!

G

·
Then yes, if you can get invoices or reciepts showing you paying for his education and other needs all the better. He is young and it looks like he meets the criteria to be dependent so long as you can prove it add him.

Proof he is living in your home could be documents from his place of study showing his address as your home and other similar offical documents.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but there is no proof that i m paying his fee and stuff...as all of this stuff is handled in cash...i dont have any bank statement to back my point...will a stauatory declaration work in this case from someone??

G

·
Yes it might, could you ask his college to give you an invoice? But DIAC are aware of how some countries handle financial matters so if it is usual to pay cash and have no reciept where you are they will know that and they should accept a declaration.
But reciepts aside if he is registered in college any documents from them showing his address the same as yours is good evidence. As would be bank documents from both of you showing the same address etc And a declaration from him saying he is dependent on you.
Given his age and circumstances you probably stand a good chance, the same as someone adding their 19 year old son.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shel, u have been really helpful!

One last thing (i hope :D): if DIAC refuses to accept my broterh as my dependent then will they reject the whole application? or willthey just remove him from the dependents list?

G

·
If they do not believe him to be dependent they will usually ask you if you wish to remove him. You can then either provide more evidence or remove him from the application.
If the extra evidence is not enough or you simply decide to keep him on it without providing any more they will refuse everyone. But from what I have seen they always give the opportunity to remove. So all will not be lost.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks a lot Shel...u have been a real help..really appreciated!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.