Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

Not been so sincere in visiting to this forum for long time. Hope all well.

I need a help from you all once again, I have PR visa skilled independent VE 175 that is valid till June 2016 and I am yet to move to AU.

We have new member in our family, our second son, who is one year old now and got his passport today.

I need help in adding his passport to family visa, there are lot of changes as i can see from a quick glance.

Appreciate if you can tell me the procedure. I am in Bangalore now.

Regards,
Karthik.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked immi website for the visa type and I can see only Child (101) visa for my second son.

But one of the migration agents says that there is a visa under family sponsorship which he can get it done within a couple of weeks. I am not sure if this is okay. Can anyone share their experience if they have done this?

Please guide, thanks in advance.
Regards
Karthik

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I checked immi website for the visa type and I can see only Child (101) visa for my second son.

But one of the migration agents says that there is a visa under family sponsorship which he can get it done within a couple of weeks. I am not sure if this is okay. Can anyone share their experience if they have done this?

Regards
Karthik
there is absolutely no child visa that processes in 2 weeks. This MA is full of it

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I'd ask that migration agent to clarify which visa they are referring to. As Expatriate has said, there is no PR visa that would be processed that quickly. It's possible they're referring to a visitor visa so you could apply for the on-shore child visa. However that's not really the intended use of a visitor visa and you run the risk of being denied entry upon arrival.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
Ask migration agent which visa class he is talking about. As you already have a PR your child is only eligible for 101 visa.

I understand it's a lengthy process but the good thing is as a Sponsor:

You do not need to be in Australia at the time of application. You can still be a sponsoring parent if you: entered Australia in the past but are outside Australia when you lodge the application, have been granted your Australian permanent resident visa but have not yet entered Australia.

Check this link: Child visa (subclass 101)

Hope this helps.

Girl Aussie

Regards
Karthik

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks All.

I have asked the agent about the visa type, he was mentioning about family sponsorship visa but not sure of the class number. I am chasing him for the same.

I saw about 101 visa, the time is the key for me since my visa is valid only till Nov 2016.

That raised another concern:

Is there a clause that requires the migrant to stay in Australia minimum of two years within the validity period (of 5 years) to keep my visa alive?

Thanks once again, I will keep you posted about what MA says.

Regards.
Karthik

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Thanks All.

I have asked the agent about the visa type, he was mentioning about family sponsorship visa but not sure of the class number. I am chasing him for the same.

I saw about 101 visa, the time is the key for me since my visa is valid only till Nov 2016.

That raised another concern:

Is there a clause that requires the migrant to stay in Australia minimum of two years within the validity period (of 5 years) to keep my visa alive?

Thanks once again, I will keep you posted about what MA says.

Regards.
Karthik
As a PR you can stay in Australia indefinitely even if your visa has already expired. The visa determines your eligibility to enter Australia as a PR from overseas. You must be in Australia before your visa expires. After that, you can stay as long as you want but if you decide to leave and then return, you will need a valid Resident Return Visa to come back to Australia. The requirement for a 5-year RRV is that you have been resident for 2 out of the previous 5 years. Shorter length RRVs are available if you don't meet the two-year requirement but have compelling/compassionate circumstances and ties to Australia (family, job, property etc).

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your PR doesn't expire, however the travel rights to enter Australia only last 5 years. If they expire while you're outside Australia, you need a Resident Return Visa to renew these travel rights.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a query.
Me and my wife both have Australian PR.I am in Australia right now and my wife is in India and we are expecting our first baby in oct.Due to some complications she is not advised to fly and we are planning the delivery in India.
My Queries are :-
1) Do i need to fly to India for baby's passport?If yes, is there any solution to avoid that?
2) What is the average time to get baby's PR visa?
3) Is there any way to extend initial entry date of my wife visa so that both mother and baby can fly to australia together after getting baby's visa?

Thanks in advance.

Deep

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I have a query.
Me and my wife both have Australian PR.I am in Australia right now and my wife is in India and we are expecting our first baby in oct.Due to some complications she is not advised to fly and we are planning the delivery in India.
My Queries are :-
1) Do i need to fly to India for baby's passport?If yes, is there any solution to avoid that?
2) What is the average time to get baby's PR visa?
3) Is there any way to extend initial entry date of my wife visa so that both mother and baby can fly to australia together after getting baby's visa?

Thanks in advance.

Deep
1- No idea. Check with passport office back home
2- 18 months
3- Most likely not possible.

·
Registered
460 Posts
3. Only possible if she has been in hospital for the majority of time since awarded the visa until it expires (you were able to make an initial visit....why did she not travel with you. "Did not think about doing it and now it is not possible" is not a valid reason for immigration). You will most likely have to apply for a spouse visa again with a child as a dependent which will be another 7-8k. So it is an expensive lesson

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
3. Only possible if she has been in hospital for the majority of time since awarded the visa until it expires (you were able to make an initial visit....why did she not travel with you. "Did not think about doing it and now it is not possible" is not a valid reason for immigration). You will most likely have to apply for a spouse visa again with a child as a dependent which will be another 7-8k. So it is an expensive lesson
well, possible but carries a high risk of losing it. I'd say it's better after she recovers from birth, to leave the child with the care of a close relative for a day, and do a quick round trip (even if she has to depart 2-3 hours after arrival) to do her first entry.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deep,

1. Your wife can apply for your child's passport while you are out of India. You need to provide an affidavit from Indian Embassy in Australia to show that you are living there and do not have objection in your son getting passport.
2. From my recent research, you can get PR in 4 to 6 months and the chances are high since you are in Australia. Average time posted in DIBP site is 14 months.
3. I am not sure, I think theExpatriate is correct.

·
Registered
181 Posts
well, possible but carries a high risk of losing it. I'd say it's better after she recovers from birth, to leave the child with the care of a close relative for a day, and do a quick round trip (even if she has to depart 2-3 hours after arrival) to do her first entry.
Thanks expatriate for ur reply

How about meanwhile PR visa is under process taking tourist visa for the baby and coming to australia with my wife?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Deep,

1. Your wife can apply for your child's passport while you are out of India. You need to provide an affidavit from Indian Embassy in Australia to show that you are living there and do not have objection in your son getting passport.
2. From my recent research, you can get PR in 4 to 6 months and the chances are high since you are in Australia. Average time posted in DIBP site is 14 months.
Hi karthik

Thanks for ur reply.

One of the expats have replied the below answer for my first ques.I dont know which is a better and easy way.Put some light if u have any idea about this.

" Nope, you can write a letter stating that you've got no objection for issuing the passport for the child. Get this endorsed from the consulate through the VFS office. It takes around a week. You can then mail this to your wife.

There's a standard format for this on the VFS website - India Visa Information - Australia - Passport Information - Passport for a Minor"

Thanks in advance

No text-speak, please - Rule 6: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html

Thanks!
kaju/moderator

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Deep,

Hi karthik

Thanks for ur reply.

One of the expats have replied the below answer for my first ques.I dont know which is a better and easy way.Put some light if u have any idea about this.

" Nope, you can write a letter stating that you've got no objection for issuing the passport for the child. Get this endorsed from the consulate through the VFS office. It takes around a week. You can then mail this to your wife.

There's a standard format for this on the VFS website - India Visa Information - Australia - Passport Information - Passport for a Minor"

Thanks in advance

No text-speak, please - Rule 6: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html

Thanks!
kaju/moderator

Deep,

Sorry for replying late.

For my first son, my wife applied for passport in our district passport office (back in 2007) while I was working in the middle East. For that, I had taken an affidavit from Indian embassy in the Country where I was and sent to my wife through post.

Please share your email, I can send you the soft copy of the affidavit if you need.

Regards. Karthik

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I met a immigration consultant for a child visa discussion and he advised me to first lodge baby visitor visa from India and if you got visitor visa for the baby without "8503 no further stay",then in that case lodge onshore child visa 802 when the baby arrives in australia and in this case even if child visitor visa expires you can apply for a bridging visa and child can stay in australia.And if you got "8503 no further stay" on the visitor visa than just apply for child visa 101 before coming to australia.

Senior expats please advise how much realistic and feasible it sounds you?

Thanks,
Deep

1 - 20 of 34 Posts