Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats,

I am from India, Me and my wife are in the process applying for 189 visa, I have a doubt, it would be great if anyone recently processed their application in same situation could advise me.

1. We have registered our marriage, have the original marriage certificate but apart from the marriage certificate, we don't have any other supporting documents to show spouse name.

Is it mandatory to have spouse name in passport, will DIBP ask any more documents as proof for claiming partner points (assuming my wife is successfully assessed by ACS).

2. I am in UK, my wife will come to UK next month, do we need to show proof of living together for few months?

3. As she'll come to UK after few days, if we apply for PCC from UK, do we need to have spouse name to get PCC through consulate/VFS?

4. Overall, will we end up in situation mandating us to add spouse name in our passport at a later stage?

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthi

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Expats,

I am from India, Me and my wife are in the process applying for 189 visa, I have a doubt, it would be great if anyone recently processed their application in same situation could advise me.

1. We have registered our marriage, have the original marriage certificate but apart from the marriage certificate, we don't have any other supporting documents to show spouse name.

Is it mandatory to have spouse name in passport, will DIBP ask any more documents as proof for claiming partner points (assuming my wife is successfully assessed by ACS).

2. I am in UK, my wife will come to UK next month, do we need to show proof of living together for few months?

3. As she'll come to UK after few days, if we apply for PCC from UK, do we need to have spouse name to get PCC through consulate/VFS?

4. Overall, will we end up in situation mandating us to add spouse name in our passport at a later stage?

Thanks & Regards,
Sakthi
1. It is not mandatory to have spouse's name in your passport; however, having their name on the passport will be a good enough evidence. Try getting any other evidence to support your claim; people generally show photo evidences from wedding, post-wedding events, travel itineraries, etc.

2. You can add her name on your rent agreements or utility bills, etc when she arrives. Also, open joint bank accounts as additional evidence.

3. You dont need spouse's name on any PCC.

4. It is a good idea to have spouse's name in your passport, I would advise to get it in the long run. Whether you will be asked to do so during your VISA application; I am not sure, depends on whether CO is convinced with whatever documents you already have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spouse wife dependent documents evidence proof

1. It is not mandatory to have spouse's name in your passport; however, having their name on the passport will be a good enough evidence. Try getting any other evidence to support your claim; people generally show photo evidences from wedding, post-wedding events, travel itineraries, etc.

2. You can add her name on your rent agreements or utility bills, etc when she arrives. Also, open joint bank accounts as additional evidence.

3. You dont need spouse's name on any PCC.

4. It is a good idea to have spouse's name in your passport, I would advise to get it in the long run. Whether you will be asked to do so during your VISA application; I am not sure, depends on whether CO is convinced with whatever documents you already have.
Thanks a lot for the response...

1. I could produce photo evidence, and other communication evidence, UK dependent visa, etc. The only reason we don't want to get a new passport is, our passport number in marriage certificate will not match with a new passport number.

2. I'll add both of our names in rent agreement and will create a joint account to show additional proof.

3. If we go through visa process without any issues, we will do name change later. Now we have enough things to do, such as PTE, exp docs, PCC etc. So thought of not pulling in more work.

As a far I read, it pretty much clear that adding spouse name in each other's passport is not mandatory. So I'll go ahead with the same understanding.

Thanks,

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks a lot for the response...

1. I could produce photo evidence, and other communication evidence, UK dependent visa, etc. The only reason we don't want to get a new passport is, our passport number in marriage certificate will not match with a new passport number.

2. I'll add both of our names in rent agreement and will create a joint account to show additional proof.

3. If we go through visa process without any issues, we will do name change later. Now we have enough things to do, such as PTE, exp docs, PCC etc. So thought of not pulling in more work.

As a far I read, it pretty much clear that adding spouse name in each other's passport is not mandatory. So I'll go ahead with the same understanding.

Thanks,
1. It wont matter if the passport number doesnt match with the marriage certificate (mine's not even mentioned in it). You will be providing your old passport details in form 80 anyway.

2. Should be enough. You can always add additional proofs to strengthen your case and not wait for CO contact; which could cause delays.
Like, travel itineraries including tickets visas etc., wedding cards, call records, SMS/email conversation transcripts, joint medical insurance, photographs covering dating period, wedding, and post-marriage. No evidence is too much.

3. Make sure you keep a consistency in names for all documents at the moment. And if you change the name before visa is granted, update the details in your application and provide an affidavit stating the name change.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. It wont matter if the passport number doesnt match with the marriage certificate (mine's not even mentioned in it). You will be providing your old passport details in form 80 anyway.

2. Should be enough. You can always add additional proofs to strengthen your case and not wait for CO contact; which could cause delays.
Like, travel itineraries including tickets visas etc., wedding cards, call records, SMS/email conversation transcripts, joint medical insurance, photographs covering dating period, wedding, and post-marriage. No evidence is too much.

3. Make sure you keep a consistency in names for all documents at the moment. And if you change the name before visa is granted, update the details in your application and provide an affidavit stating the name change.
Thanks a lot for your kind responses...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts