Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I have done my skills assessment from ACS but to my bad luck they haven't considered my entire experience as my educational qualifications and experience are in different domains. Hence this has put me at the door step of state sponsorship as I am carrying 55 points.

I have done my Engineering in Electrical Engineering and MBA in Marketing & Systems, having work experience of over 7 years and currently working as a Sr. Business Analyst in an IT Company in India.

I have only one option i.e. going for ACT State Sponsorship, but again this skill is in LIMITED state.

What are the possibilities for me to get this stage through? As such on what basis will they send an EOI after verification?

I would really appreciate if anyone can respond to my query.

Regards
Venu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Venu,

the problem is that unit group 2611 - ICT Business and Systems Analysts is subject to the pro-rata arrangements due to the high number of applications. To quote from the SkillSelect page, Occupation ceilings:

Half of the remaining places will be allocated for state or territory government nominations and the other half will be allocated for the invitation rounds for Skilled Independent and Skilled Regional (Provisional). These arrangements commenced on 2 September 2013.

The total ceiling will remain the same for these occupations in the 2013/2014 programme year as displayed in the occupational ceiling table with the relevant occupations marked with an asterisk (*).
To date, 1324 out of 1380 places for unit group 2611 have already been filled. This means that only 56 places remain for the rest of the year and only half of these are dedicated to state sponsorship. This means, only 2-3 invites for the 190 subclass are issued every invitation round. The current date of effect for 189 applicants is 23 SEPT 2013 with 65 points. I suspect that many people who have a pending 189 EOI with 65 or 60 points also applied for ACT sponsorship, so the situation is not promising :(.

Another option would be to delay your migration plans a bit and try and get a higher points score or target employer sponsorship. It's hard to get a job from overseas but that may be your best bet right now.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACT SS Limited possibilities

Hello Monika,

Thanks for your response.

I have also that there are bleak chances for me to get the EOI because of my points as well as Limited openings in ACT.

Right now I am in a very strange situation,

My Date of Birth is 02-05-1982 , my age is 31yrs 9months hence I am gained 30 points for age. As per the guidelines the age criteria is 25-32(Inclusive)

So, after May 2014 I will be 32 Plus years, What does inclusive stand here? Will I lose 5 points?

I have an alternative too, my wife can be the main applicant and we can apply for PR but as per the records her date of birth is 30 - 05 - 1990 , so she will complete 24 yrs this May. So completing 24 yrs means will she get 30 points?

Currently I have 2 options

1. As I am having 55 points, by getting my wife's skills assessed I will gain 5 points, so with 60 points I can apply for General Skilled Migrant 189 Visa

2. As per the her age if she gets 30 points, then she can apply for PR

I am sorry for asking too many questions, but I am really tensed with the way things are moving.

Would appreciate if you can answer my queries.

Regards
Venu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts