Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
waiting for invite

Dear all

I am new on this page and it has really helpful content. Appreciate the effort.

I submitted my EOI last week for ACT state nomination visa 190 under General Accountant. I am currently doing a PHD in Canberra, ACT. My details are:

Bachelors and Masters assessed equivalent to Australian standards (15 points),
Age 24 years (25 points),
PTE 90 across all (20 points)
5 points for state.

Total points 65.

Although not in a hurry but anyone knows the approx time I should keep in mind until I receive an invitation?

:) May be you guys who have already received an invite can guide me how much time did it take for you guys to receive the invite? :)

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear all

I am new on this page and it has really helpful content. Appreciate the effort.

I submitted my EOI last week for ACT state nomination visa 190 under General Accountant. I am currently doing a PHD in Canberra, ACT. My details are:

Bachelors and Masters assessed equivalent to Australian standards (15 points),
Age 24 years (25 points),
PTE 90 across all (20 points)
5 points for state.

Total points 65.

Although not in a hurry but anyone knows the approx time I should keep in mind until I receive an invitation?

:) May be you guys who have already received an invite can guide me how much time did it take for you guys to receive the invite? :)

Thanks
Alex

Hi,

Mentioned on the ACT website (Canberra residents: The average processing time is 4 weeks.)

·
Registered
47 Posts
No on ACT website mentioned the processing time who applied after 1 September 2016 is likely 6 months. Did you hear any thing?

Can you please share when you applied for ACT nomination and in which occupation.
Dear Sundeep

That's the visa processing time. i.e. time from visa lodgement to grant (after you recieve the invitation).
I was asking for time from filing EOI to invitation. That's not mentioned anywhere.. :confused:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dear Sundeep

That's the visa processing time. i.e. time from visa lodgement to grant (after you recieve the invitation).
I was asking for time from filing EOI to invitation. That's not mentioned anywhere.. :confused:
Hi Alexx,

So your understanding is not correct here. This timeline is of EOI lodgement to invitation only.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is the Australian Government agency which manages the visa application and approval process for all migrants to Australia. ACT government does not have anything to do with it. So the timelines mentioned by them on their website is of Invitation rounds only.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

·
Registered
98 Posts
No on ACT website mentioned the processing time who applied after 1 September 2016 is likely 6 months. Did you hear any thing?

Can you please share when you applied for ACT nomination and in which occupation.
Applied on 3rd Sept for 223111 same as you have :)

Any news from anywhere on what is expected. Do they really take six months if they have mentioned it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Alexx,

So your understanding is not correct here. This timeline is of EOI lodgement to invitation only.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection is the Australian Government agency which manages the visa application and approval process for all migrants to Australia. ACT government does not have anything to do with it. So the timelines mentioned by them on their website is of Invitation rounds only.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards
I have a major confusion.

As a part of my application, I only submitted my EOI. Do I also need to submit ACT nomination application form available on ACT Govt website? That is I need to submit these both forms and then wait for an invitation?

I thought I only have to submit EOI and then wait for invite and then fill out ACT nomination application on ACT govt website. Please advice me how many applications to fill..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Applied on 3rd Sept for 223111 same as you have :)

Any news from anywhere on what is expected. Do they really take six months if they have mentioned it?

I don't think they will take to much time...

How many points you claimed in EOI??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a major confusion.

As a part of my application, I only submitted my EOI. Do I also need to submit ACT nomination application form available on ACT Govt website? That is I need to submit these both forms and then wait for an invitation?

I thought I only have to submit EOI and then wait for invite and then fill out ACT nomination application on ACT govt website. Please advice me how many applications to fill..

Yes you have to submit separate application for ACT nomination and read the guidelines carefully before submission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes wait time is killing but there is no option have to wait :clock:

Kindly share if you get any update :fingerscrossed:
Oh surely I will..I am just trying to get whatever official/unofficial news is around..

Let me know if u hear any:fingerscrossed:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts