Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 4397 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi,

I request you to help me with some valuable information , 8 yrs back i am in Canberra for for study purpose . But things went u turn , and got to leave to Aussie with out completing my education . Can you please tell me if i want to apply for Canberra sponsorship , how do i can , what are the chances .

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,

I have applied for ACT SS on Nov 3rd, 2012 and payment acknowledged on Nov 6th. My story so far goes like this:

1) ICT Business Analyst - 261111 (Total Exp - 7+ yrs, Post-qualification exp - 2 yrs). Even though ACS recognised 7+ yrs in assessment, I decided not to take risk and have not considered experience points.

2) IELTS Score (L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-7.5). I re-attempted IELTS and scored (L-9,R-9,S-9,W-7) :-(. Ended up with 55 points.

3) I had earlier applied for SA SS but it has a lengthy waiting time and after doing some online research, found Canberra more suitable. Hence, I withdrew my application from SA and applied for ACT SS.

4) My only inhibition in my application to ACT is around financial declaration. In haste, I didn't account for all my savings and even though I have shown AUD 48K (2 dependents). I have accounted for Jewelry and Car (AUD 15K)...so a bit concerned.

Still waiting for a CO to be allocated

Reactions: Ruchinikhil

·
Registered
111 Posts
Any one else who has applied for ACT/Canberra State Sponsorship? Pls share your experience....

·
Registered
111 Posts
An update to my ACT SS application ---

I received an email today (29/11) that a CO has been assigned by ACT Migration team.

Any ideas how much time does it take for ACT SS (190) once a CO has been assigned?

·
Registered
111 Posts
My ACT State Sponsorship (190) application was approved today / Dec 04, 2012 and got an invite to apply from DIAC as well. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
My ACT State Sponsorship (190) application was approved today / Dec 04, 2012 and got an invite to apply from DIAC as well. :)
congratz !!!

I have applied for ACT SS yesterday (16/12) ....

ICT BA - 6 years exp

Let us keep in touch since we are going to same state and same job... if you dont mind please PM me your contact details...

·
Registered
313 Posts
congratz !!!

I have applied for ACT SS yesterday (16/12) ....

ICT BA - 6 years exp

Let us keep in touch since we are going to same state and same job... if you dont mind please PM me your contact details...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Dear Mittal,

Did CO ask for Bank statement or anything else other than the below documents which I have uploaded while submitting SS application?

1. IELTS Score card
2. ACS Skill assessment results
3. CV
4.Work experience references (same as submitted to ACS)
5.Delcaration of nomincation Obligations
6.Research into current ACT employment opportunities
7.Commitment to Canberra statement
8.Passport copy
9.Declaration of financial capacity (notaried)
10. service fee payment

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi deepuz.

Cool. I'll PM u my details.

Nope. The CO didnt ask for any docs other than what I uploaded initially...the same list as yours plus Evidence of other state nomination as I had applied for SA SS earlier.

I think your appl result will be out by jan end due to the holiday season.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks Mittal, do u think if they ask for bank statement in a later stage?

·
Registered
313 Posts
No CO assigned yet for my ACT SS Nomination... applied on 16 Dec....

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have got CO assigned for my ACT SS application today...

·
Registered
313 Posts
hi amittal..when did u apply for EOI ? was it before u got reply form ACT !!!
I think its better to have your EOI ID upfront and provide it while applying for SS...then you will get invite straight away once SS is approved..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I had applied for ACT SS in May 19th 2012 and granted on September 3rd 2012. Just came across this post whist booking my flight tickets to Canberra, Leaving on the 2nd of April 2013 for the new start.
I did apply while individually without the help of any agent, was quiet a smooth process, Ensure you read all instructions carefully and give them specifically what they need. I also noticed that i did write to them for the simplest of doubts I had, and their response and assistance was overwhelming. Do not hesitate to ask them about anything.

Also would like to get in touch with people moving to Canberra from India. am available on Y! arun_jc do add or share details.. Thanks

Cheers,
Arun

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, I had applied for ACT SS in May 19th 2012 and granted on September 3rd 2012. Just came across this post whist booking my flight tickets to Canberra, Leaving on the 2nd of April 2013 for the new start.
I did apply while individually without the help of any agent, was quiet a smooth process, Ensure you read all instructions carefully and give them specifically what they need. I also noticed that i did write to them for the simplest of doubts I had, and their response and assistance was overwhelming. Do not hesitate to ask them about anything.

Also would like to get in touch with people moving to Canberra from India. am available on Y! arun_jc do add or share details.. Thanks

Cheers,
Arun
Hi Arun,

Congrats and all the best for your future in Canberra. My visa has also been approved early January.

Did you send an email to ACT SS team notifying your visa grant and date of arrival in Canberra? I have done so and got an acknowledgement from ACT SS team via email. They asked for my visa grant letter for their records.

I plan to make a move sometime in Nov-Dec this year.....

Have you got a pre-arranged job already or planning to search once there? Also, have you shortlisted a short/long term accomodation in Canberra already??

I did some research online for home rentals and it seems quite expensive in Canberra...i.e. 1 BR aptt for around AUD 350 - 450 per week!!!

Keep us posted on your journey! :)

Reactions: ishaanchal

·
Registered
313 Posts

Cheers,
Arun
Hi Arun,

I'm expecting my SS nomation today or tomorrow as per the update from ACT migration services. If everthing go well with the visa lodgement I should have the visa by end of March or so.. so probably I will travel in May 2013 ... I will keep in touch with you..

Regards,
Deepuz

Reactions: ishaanchal

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks Mittal, do u think if they ask for bank statement in a later stage?
Hi Deepuz,

They didn't ask for my bank statement so don't think it'll be required.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think its better to have your EOI ID upfront and provide it while applying for SS...then you will get invite straight away once SS is approved..
Yes. I had submitted EOI before applying for ACT SS and had to mention the EOI ID in SS application form!

Reactions: saviaus
1 - 20 of 4397 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.