Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

ACT/Canberra state sponsorship applicants Jul-2017

201K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  SirJam 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this thread for people applying for Canberra state sponsorship this coming July.
If you have any news or updates pleas share here.

#2 ·
I will be applying under Architectural draftsperson occupation ANZSCO 312111, any one finding difficulty finding evidence of sufficient employment?

#8 ·
Hi, I will be part of this thread. ACT Migration has just opened its occupation list. Does anyone know when by any chance would it be closed again? And reopen?

#9 ·
It’ll start tomorrow, they wrote on the site that they have some technical issues. No idea when it’s closing, my occupation is closed though [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
the applications are now open for ACT SS for overseas applicants.......good luck everyone.

Reactions: chiffonscarf
#11 ·
Thanks too, saw it. When do you think it'd close to overseas?

#12 ·
no idea.....but the sooner you apply the better.

Reactions: chiffonscarf
#14 ·
it's written on their website www.canberrayourfuture.com you can also try searching where your occupation is open on anzscosearch

#16 ·
Hi bishoyerian,

How did you apply if your occupation is not currently on ACT nomination list?

I have noticed that even closed occupations can apply, but it has nothing to do with the final outcome as ACT occupation list is very clear.

Don't you think it is risky to apply for a closed occupation, or have you changed your occupation recently?

#19 ·
don't really see any risk, I got nothing to lose.

#21 ·
ACT State Sponsorship (2017-2018)

Hi all,

I am trying to find any thread/top discussing on ACT State Sponsorship for this year 2017-2018 which opens in July 2017 but I cannot find. Therefore, I have started this thread for everyone who is applying for ACT State Sponsorship 2017-2018 to log in and start discussion here. Let's update on each other with the news and process. Cheers!:)

#24 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to find any thread/top discussing on ACT State Sponsorship for this year 2017-2018 which opens in July 2017 but I cannot find. Therefore, I have started this thread for everyone who is applying for ACT State Sponsorship 2017-2018 to log in and start discussion here. Let's update on each other with the news and process. Cheers!:)

Dude! The thread is already there you just made a post [emoji23][emoji23] you’re welcome here

Reactions: rafaella
#23 ·
I applied on 11th July 2017, and received a payment confirmation mail on 13th July 2017.

ANZSCO 233512, 65 points (without SS)

#25 ·
I applied on 9th of July 2017 and received confirmation on 12-7-2017

#27 ·
Hi,

Is there any technical writer on this thread who has applied/planning to apply for ACT SS (subclass 190)?

Apparently you’re the first

#30 ·
Hi All,

I am new at this forum, I had applied on 14 and got the confirmation on the same day
I had applied under 232414 (Web Designer) with 65 points (Without SS )
As you had applied much earlier than I let me know when CO assigned to you

I didn't found any web designer or multimedia designers participating in this forum

Thanks,
CKS

#32 ·
#33 · (Edited)
#42 ·
#45 ·
Just got a CO assigned today :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

#57 ·
Cool.

I wrote to the migrations email ID, and they replied back saying there is no minimum amount. Just specify what is required to move and settle.

----

By the way, (I am being optimistic here) what is everyone's opinion about doing the medical and PCC now itself and keep the documents ready? Is that a smart move or is it worth waiting till nomination is accepted?

#58 ·
in all cases at least wait till a CO is assigned, cuz your visa once issued will be valid until one year from the date of PCC or medical (whichever is earlier).

G
#63 ·
hi guys, those who are waiting for ACT decision/ thinking of applying, this whole process requires lot of patience. i would recommend to apply and then forget about waiting time. the more you think, the more restless you would be. i started thinking about moving to canberra two years before. so i learned to soften my excitement as time passed. i still remember waiting for vetassess decision, then trying to clear IELTS with 7 in all but couldn't get 7 band in all, afterwards i started preparing for PTE, was very close in clearing PTE in first attempt but missed a big part of exam due to poor time management. Alhamdulillah, cleared PTE in second attempt and got very good marks , the result which i always wanted to get. the moral of the story is patience pays off.
Just be patient, and all of you will succeed. even if you don't , remember the best always come after the worst. so you all have time and opportunity to get the best.

G
#66 · (Edited)
really. but that would complicate things as CO might request again. i think it is most recommended to do medicals only after lodging the application. applicant maybe allowed to do medicals before even lodging application, but i would never recommend doing medicals before lodging the actual application. it wont make difference anyway.
initially i was tempted to do medicals much earlier, infact i got my PCC in february this year. but i might have to request a new one as i haven't got any state nomination yet. so it doesnt make any difference to have these docs so much in advance. hope you agree with me on this one.
also if you do medicals earlier, case decision can take longer sometimes, your medicals validity will expire and you will have to to medicals again and that can cause further unnecessary delay in the application process.
so my BEST recommendation is to do medicals only after lodging the application. a good idea to do PCC earlier if it takes longer in your country. for example, in UAE, it takes only 2 days to receive your PCC certificate in the email. in India, it probably takes much longer to get PCC.

#67 ·
It’s recommended in the DIBP website to do the medicals before lodging the application as it will speed the process, once you do the PCC or the medicals the date of your visa will be one year from the first issue of either so you either do all of them after lodging the application or all of them before lodging the application, in all cases all you might lose is money so whoever us okay with that can do them, or at least wait till a CO is assigned.....it doesn’t matter much now any way.

Reactions: mrgalfield
#69 ·
hello everyone.. i am mechanical engineer and have applied for 189 with 60 points on december 2016 .. NSW In january 2017 60+5 ; got rejected in VIC. .. have tried to improve my score but could get 79+ in pte.. ,[emoji31][emoji29] should i apply for ACT ? and what is tje process ? i have to pay at time of EOU?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

#71 ·
Hi everyone,

nice to join the forum. here is my timeline up to now...

applied for ACT SS (overseas): 09/07/2017

payment confirmation: 12/07/2017

CO assigned/assessment commenced: 18/07/2017

anxiously waiting for any news

should I be worried it`s been 6 working days now from CO assigned?

wish us all good luck...

Offshore or onshore?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.