Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 1047 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm starting this thread for people applying for Canberra state sponsorship this coming July.
If you have any news or updates pleas share here.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will be applying under Architectural draftsperson occupation ANZSCO 312111, any one finding difficulty finding evidence of sufficient employment?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will be applying under Architectural draftsperson occupation ANZSCO 312111, any one finding difficulty finding evidence of sufficient employment?
Hi Bishoyerian,

I read your post and know that you apply assess draftsperson and over-qualified and I notice that you get a -ve however, you successfully got a reassess and a +ve. Could you please let me know how you make this +ve? I am in the same boat overqualified :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bishoyerian,

I read your post and know that you apply assess draftsperson and over-qualified and I notice that you get a -ve however, you successfully got a reassess and a +ve. Could you please let me know how you make this +ve? I am in the same boat overqualified :(
Hi Henry,

sorry for my late response, I all did was that I attached one extra document a "reference letter from my boss" it stated clearly that my rule includes drafting and computer based applications.
you have to submit for a re-assessment man whatever they told you the reason it is rejected, submit a re-assessment, it will be assessed by a different team and they might have a different opinion about your case, don't give up.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi bishoyerian,
How do you find and submit the evidence of sufficient employment?
try looking through seek.com.au or linkedin and print the webpage as pdf

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I will be part of this thread. ACT Migration has just opened its occupation list. Does anyone know when by any chance would it be closed again? And reopen?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, I will be part of this thread. ACT Migration has just opened its occupation list. Does anyone know when by any chance would it be closed again? And reopen?

It’ll start tomorrow, they wrote on the site that they have some technical issues. No idea when it’s closing, my occupation is closed though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the applications are now open for ACT SS for overseas applicants.......good luck everyone.

Reactions: chiffonscarf

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks too, saw it. When do you think it'd close to overseas?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: chiffonscarf

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi bishoyerian,

How did you apply if your occupation is not currently on ACT nomination list?

I have noticed that even closed occupations can apply, but it has nothing to do with the final outcome as ACT occupation list is very clear.

Don't you think it is risky to apply for a closed occupation, or have you changed your occupation recently?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Henry,

sorry for my late response, I all did was that I attached one extra document a "reference letter from my boss" it stated clearly that my rule includes drafting and computer based applications.
you have to submit for a re-assessment man whatever they told you the reason it is rejected, submit a re-assessment, it will be assessed by a different team and they might have a different opinion about your case, don't give up.
Hello bishoyerian and Henry, did you use masters degree or doctoral degree for the draftperson assessment?

I await your prompt response, thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello bishoyerian and Henry, did you use masters degree or doctoral degree for the draftperson assessment?

I await your prompt response, thanks.
I have a bachelor degree in Architectural Engineering and by the time I applied 1.5 years experience as an Architect

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi bishoyerian,

How did you apply if your occupation is not currently on ACT nomination list?

I have noticed that even closed occupations can apply, but it has nothing to do with the final outcome as ACT occupation list is very clear.

Don't you think it is risky to apply for a closed occupation, or have you changed your occupation recently?
don't really see any risk, I got nothing to lose.

·
Registered
318 Posts
don't really see any risk, I got nothing to lose.

I was talking about the non refundable fees of the application. If it doesn't bother you, then no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bishoyerian
1 - 20 of 1047 Posts