Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has applied for ACT SS 176 share what kind of time lines they take...
thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys, Thanks God I made it before cut-off! I sent SS application on April 25, 2012, shipment delivered and received by Peter 1st of May.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone who has applied for ACT SS 176 share what kind of time lines they take...
thanks
We applied for ACT SS on 09-Dec-11 and received the grant letter on 24-Feb-12.:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We applied for ACT SS on 09-Dec-11 and received the grant letter on 24-Feb-12.:)
Thanks Naushad...and congratulations on the grant...managed to file mine just in time 28Apr'12

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Naushad...and congratulations on the grant...managed to file mine just in time 28Apr'12

Hello anm, we both applied for ACT SS nomination on close dates. Yours on 28th and mine on 26th..Initially I applied via online then sent hard copies. I'm wondering why they haven't acknowledged yet my application as I did monitor the shipment was delivered and received by a certain "Peter" on 1st May. Any luck with yours?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not yet..but will let you as soon as I do hear from them...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi anm, did ACT get back to you? Got mine last week.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi ... You mean they acknowleged your dox or did u get confirmation of ss... I did get an acknowledgement of the receipt of my dox...under process.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same as yours. Goodluck on our SS grant!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi anm, any good news for you so far? It's been one month over since I lodged my SS application to ACT and until today haven't heard/read anything. Has anyone ever been granted SS recently? TIA.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing as yet...but am told 2 months is normal..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
got the SS

Hi anm, any good news for you so far? It's been one month over since I lodged my SS application to ACT and until today haven't heard/read anything. Has anyone ever been granted SS recently? TIA.
HI Chiffonscarf... I finally got my ACT SS approval letter today... on top of the world...looks like will applying for 176 before 01Jul'2012 afterall.. How are things for you

·
Registered
46 Posts
HI Chiffonscarf... I finally got my ACT SS approval letter today... on top of the world...looks like will applying for 176 before 01Jul'2012 afterall.. How are things for you
Congratulations! Now hurry to apply before 1 July 2012.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey congrats! Looks like I'm going for skill select. DIAC officially announced the reduction of 5 pts from 65 pass mark. Good luck on your visa lodge!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chiffonscarf...did u get your ss....its still better to apply now if you qualify...later you have to wait for an invite...

·
Registered
9 Posts
i lodged my 176 application with ACT on the 19th of may 2012 and well got my visa on the 3rd of september... hardly 10 days after my pcc and meds were submitted...anybody moving to canberra early 2013 (feb-may)?? looking to connect. thanks..

·
Registered
116 Posts
i lodged my 176 application with ACT on the 19th of may 2012 and well got my visa on the 3rd of september... hardly 10 days after my pcc and meds were submitted...anybody moving to canberra early 2013 (feb-may)?? looking to connect. thanks..
Arunc,

COngrats.. :clap2: I got mine approved in July but unsure yet when I will head over. I had the same timeframe in mind as yours but it's still not concrete yet. What is your profession?

I was in Canberra last week to clock my first entry and to take a look at the city for the very first time. It's really a small city compared to giants like Sydney/Melbourne. Night life is next to zero :mad:. Very suitable for family oriented life.

In my opinion, getting a job before popping over will be key. I dont see that many jobs in Canberra other than those in the government sectors. Have you done any research on jobs, where to live etc? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Arunc,

COngrats.. :clap2: I got mine approved in July but unsure yet when I will head over. I had the same timeframe in mind as yours but it's still not concrete yet. What is your profession?

I was in Canberra last week to clock my first entry and to take a look at the city for the very first time. It's really a small city compared to giants like Sydney/Melbourne. Night life is next to zero :mad:. Very suitable for family oriented life.

In my opinion, getting a job before popping over will be key. I dont see that many jobs in Canberra other than those in the government sectors. Have you done any research on jobs, where to live etc? :)
Thanks hockeyman.
My profession: HR recruitment consultant. Ill be looking out for something in logistics/warehousing though. I had that time frame for a fact that it takes time for companies to settle down after christmas vacations, and frequency of hires increases by February..
Good to know your feedback from your visit to canberra. Ive heard about the same from the others ive interacted with. Yet, ive heard a lot of places around canberra worth visiting thru a drive during weekends..

Chances of getting a job before moving there seem bleak. Also that govt jobs need a thorough verification. Absolutely clueless on where to live, but from inputs Turner, Braddon, O'Connor, Ainslie and Canberra City*"IN THE CITY" are places can look at. not researched about the suburbs yet. Finding places to live seems to be a concern, but being a bachelor, sharing accomodation seems sensible for a few months/yr to get accustomed to the place.

Also could u let me know your flight routing?? i was planning to head to Blore-melbourne and then drive with a cousin of mine to can who said he could do that for me... and that id get to meet him while i was there... thanks..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts