Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a quick question of ACS skill assessment for 261111 (ICT Business Analyst).
In my assessment application I had submitted reference letters from 3 past employers.
Employer 1 - 06/06 - 06/07 (1yrs 0mths)
Employer 2 - 12/10 - 04/12 (1yrs 4mths)
Employer 3 - 04/12 - 01/15 (2yrs 9mths)

They add up to 5 years’ experience. I have received positive assessment from ACS :) and below is a sample exert of how they have formatted the letter.

My question is while adding the experience in skill select should I add all the 3 experiences or only the experience after December 2011. Would I get points for all the 3 jobs i.e., 5 years?

Any quick help or suggestions are appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on ##
April ####.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your ######### from ######### University completed ### #### has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 06/06 - 06/07 (1yrs 0mths)

Dates: 12/10 - 04/12 (1yrs 4mths)

Dates: 04/12 - 01/15 (2yrs 9mths)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Good question and asked at the right time as well.

Read my following post for more details on this.

REF: Update EOI on the basis of ACS Skills Assessment Letter

You might get points for about 3 years of experience from 01st January 2012.

Key point while submitting EOI.

1) WHILE submitting EOI, you must leave the To Date value of your Current employment (IF currently employed) as BLANK, then SkillSelect would calculate your Points automatically.

Hi there,
I have a quick question of ACS skill assessment for 261111 (ICT Business Analyst).
In my assessment application I had submitted reference letters from 3 past employers.
Employer 1 - 06/06 - 06/07 (1yrs 0mths)
Employer 2 - 12/10 - 04/12 (1yrs 4mths)
Employer 3 - 04/12 - 01/15 (2yrs 9mths)

They add up to 5 years’ experience. I have received positive assessment from ACS :) and below is a sample exert of how they have formatted the letter.

My question is while adding the experience in skill select should I add all the 3 experiences or only the experience after December 2011. Would I get points for all the 3 jobs i.e., 5 years?

Any quick help or suggestions are appreciated.
----------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on ##
April ####.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your ######### from ######### University completed ### #### has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 06/06 - 06/07 (1yrs 0mths)

Dates: 12/10 - 04/12 (1yrs 4mths)

Dates: 04/12 - 01/15 (2yrs 9mths)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeeten, I have already submitted the EOI last week. I was not sure about how many years to add in the EOI and hence had submitted with the full experience that I had provided to ACS. Is there a quick way for changing the data?

Meanwhile I have a invitiation from NSW, but I think I will have to skip that invitation. I don't want to over clain points knowing the details that you have shared.

Good question and asked at the right time as well.

Read my following post for more details on this.

REF: Update EOI on the basis of ACS Skills Assessment Letter

You might get points for about 3 years of experience from 01st January 2012.

Key point while submitting EOI.

1) WHILE submitting EOI, you must leave the To Date value of your Current employment (IF currently employed) as BLANK, then SkillSelect would calculate your Points automatically.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Go ahead and update your EOI based on the illustration I have given.

This is the only way.

Jeeten, I have already submitted the EOI last week. I was not sure about how many years to add in the EOI and hence had submitted with the full experience that I had provided to ACS. Is there a quick way for changing the data?

Meanwhile I have a invitiation from NSW, but I think I will have to skip that invitation. I don't want to over clain points knowing the details that you have shared.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

What Invitation are you referring to?

Is it NSW SS Nomination Application Invite?

OR

190 VISA Application Invitation?

For the sake of clear communication I would requet you to provide precise information while asking questions. To avoid to and fro communication.

So I can just update the EOI and do not action on the current invitation. This is my first invitation. That should be fine I guess !!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa .

I have the invite but as indicated in the EOI I had marked "Yes" for all 5 years experience. The initial EOI was submitted on 13th May, I was not clear then how many years to add in the EOI.

Now that I have updated skilled employment to 3 years (as per the ACS skill assessment, because they have deducted 2 years) I will have to wait for another invitation. Am I right to assume that?

Hope the information is clear now.

What Invitation are you referring to?

Is it NSW SS Nomination Application Invite?

OR

190 VISA Application Invitation?

For the sake of clear communication I would requet you to provide precise information while asking questions. To avoid to and fro communication.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Letting this invite expire would be a wise choice.

BUT before you do so, try calling NSW dept and explain them the problem.

Also drop an email to them.

Invitation to apply for NSW nomination for a subclass 190 visa .

I have the invite but as indicated in the EOI I had marked "Yes" for all 5 years experience. The initial EOI was submitted on 13th May, I was not clear then how many years to add in the EOI.

Now that I have updated skilled employment to 3 years (as per the ACS skill assessment, because they have deducted 2 years) I will have to wait for another invitation. Am I right to assume that?

Hope the information is clear now.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
If you've already received an invitation, your EOI is locked and you can't update it. You will need to let the invitation expire and submit a new EOI. In the new EOI, you can include experience prior to Dec. 2011 but you need to declare it as "Not Relevant" so the system will not give you points for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts