Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ACS claims "Only employment completed after the date you have met the ACS suitability criteria will be counted as Skilled Employment and eligible for migration points.
Work experience used to meet the suitability criteria is NOT counted as Skilled Employment and NOT eligible for migration points."

So if I graduated in Feb 2013 and started working from then till Feb 2016, am I not eligible for 5 points of work experience?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

If your Degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience to satisfy the suitability criteria.

This 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled migration points test.

For other such scenarios refer to the documents interlinked in my following post.

ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines AND Summary of Criteria

Effectively in Feb 2016 you would have only 1 year of relevant skilled experience. To claim 5 points you would require 3 years of Skilled employment. So you will get NO points for skilled employment.

Hi, ACS claims "Only employment completed after the date you have met the ACS suitability criteria will be counted as Skilled Employment and eligible for migration points.
Work experience used to meet the suitability criteria is NOT counted as Skilled Employment and NOT eligible for migration points."

So if I graduated in Feb 2013 and started working from then till Feb 2016, am I not eligible for 5 points of work experience?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Since ACS criteria requires you to work 2 years BEFORE you are considered qualified, you need to deduct 2 years from your experience, which will only leave you with one year of relevant experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I am in process for applying ACS and I must say the forum has been really really helpful.!

But I am am bit confused as to how many points i would be granted for my Work Experience.

I completed my Bachelor of Electronics and Communication in 2006.

I worked as a Business Analyst/Consultant for 2 years with an IT firm in India.(Aug 2006-July 2008)
Then I did my full time MBA in Telecommunications ( July 2008-March 2010)
And I started working as Senior Business Analyst with an Indian IT firm from (Apr 2010 -Dec-2014) in India.
Through the same company I relocated to Sydney in last week of Dec on 457 Visa.
So the work exp in Sydney is 0.5 years)Jan 2015-till date)

I have following questions
1) Will my total overseas work exp be calculated after my post graduation? Which then would be 4 years 8 months ? In this case, would they deduct 2 years from this exp or the 2 years I worked before my MBA could be counted for deduction?
2) Can i include 0.5 years of work in Australia as my overseas work exp and make the total reach as 5 years 2 months to claim 10 points?

Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts