Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Could you please help me interpret the below statement. I have a total work experience of 8 years. Will ACS deduct 6 or 5 years from my work exp to meet the suitability criteria.

"If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely
related to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10 years or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever date is earlier) to meet the suitability criteria."

Thanks,
Mayank

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wat the quoted means is that you need 5-6 yrs of experience to apply for the selected occupation
Thank you Sam.

I have been working since Jun2005-present date. ACS has considered my work experience from Aug2011 onwards. Basically deducted 6years.

ACS has also assessed my qualification to be equivalent to AQF diploma with major in computing.

I am wondering why ACS deducted 6 years of my work ex and not 5 years as mentioned in the suitability criteria?

One less year would give me the necessary points towards my work ex so it's important to understand before I write a formal query to ACS.

Thanks,
Mayank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts