Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I had applied for my ACS assessment for "Developer Programmer" and its current status is:
Given Name <my name>
Date Received 28-January-2014
Event Type Skills
Status With assessor

This was the state since for around last 3-4 weeks so I placed a query with them a couple of days back regarding what is the actual status etc. and received this:
-------------------
Please continue to use the online facility to track the status of your application.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of applications. This is causing a delay in processing times.

We will endeavour to finalise your application as soon as possible however this may exceed 12 weeks.

Please do not contact the ACS regarding a status update as this will delay your application further

We apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

The answer was somewhat expected but what I felt disappointed about was the 4th statement, how can they even say something like that?
I mean we are paying(in my country this is a very huge sum and painful for a middle-class person like me) for their services and hope to get some transparency in their processes and hence my reason for inquiry mail and this is what I get! :confused:

Hope things are in place and pretty soon all are good to go.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi pavan29km,

they are not threatening to delay your application specifically. But consider this: Every time somebody asks "Hey, what's the status of my application?", a staffer at ACS has to sit down and compose/copy'n'paste an email. I believe you could probably keep a person busy full-time, just answering these queries. It's a waste of time, frankly, and won't speed up processing. Once you have waited more than 12 weeks, you should definitely prod ACS a bit (after all, something could have gone wrong etc.), but until then it's best to let them do their job.

"With assessor" means that an assessor has been assigned to you, but not that s/he is actively working on your case yet. Most likely, you the application is just sitting in the assessor's work queue. In my experience with DIBP and ACS the case officers and assessors are efficient and diligent. If everything is in order they should be able to complete the evaluation within a couple of days - once they get to it. Unfortunately, most of the visa wait time is actually spent on queuing. Waiting for the ACS assessor, waiting for a CO, waiting for the medical results to be cleared, waiting for a PCC to be issued, waiting for external security checks to be completed... can't be helped, unfortunately.

Try to relax and think about something else besides the assessment. It's out of your hands and fretting won't get you a result sooner.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Pavan,

I lodged my Wife's ACS application last week and it moved to Stage4 on the very next day and I too was curious if this would speed up the result. From the experience of people that I discussed this with on this forum, ACS takes a minimum of 10 weeks irrespective of the time taken between each stage of the application.

You should not be worrying since you were aware of the processing time before you lodged the application and the Case officer will write to you if there is anything needed. So chill out....

My case officer was very quick in helping me with a few issues that I faced after submitting the application. From my experience they are very professional and helpful.

Best Regards,
Savio

·
Registered
648 Posts
man you submitted yoru application on 28th of january their SLA is 3 months so wait until 28th of april.

Mine got stuck with acsessor for more than 2 months....

Reactions: pavan29km

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine took three months. Yours is well within timeframe, so don't bother them. In fact, on their website is clearly stated the current time frame and that any queries asking about this will delay your application...

Reactions: pavan29km

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks your detailed replies folks, I guess I went into a temporary panic mode.
Will wait till 28th April.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear fellow warriors - finally landed my +ve ACS assessment today.
Deducted two exact years from my 7+ years experience despite me having ICT major in computing and directly correlated work experience.
Thanks and Best wishes.

Now to the next waiting stage ... EOR results for IELTS... Due within next ~2months :fingerscrossed:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts