Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi friends ,
Has anyone done statutory declaration here in singapore for documents for acs?

I want to understand the format and all. Do i need to have one stamp paper or each document or can i put them all together like we use to for various pages of home agreement. Just wanted to contact someone who has already done so .

Thanks
Pankaj

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,
I am also looking forward on this one. Has anyone done Statutory declaration for ACS in Singapore? Please share the details.

·
Registered
191 Posts
shah83 said:
Hi,
I am also looking forward on this one. Has anyone done Statutory declaration for ACS in Singapore? Please share the details.
I made a stat dec before though for a different purpose. There's actually no specific format. You can just search in this forum for sample stat dec and you can use that format in Singapore. Stamp paper is not needed. Just print them out on A4, photocopy and sign each copy. Then schedule an appointment with the law office. The lawyer will ask you what the stat dec is for and they will chop it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

Recently I did my SDs for ACS in Singapore. The process is simple. Prepare your SD format and then print the same on an A4 plain paper. Then visit lawyer with the person (Colleague/Manager) who is doing SD for you as lawyer wants to meet them personally and SD should be signed in front of the lawyer. In Singapore we can't do an SD on a stamp paper as per local law. Once the signatures are done in front of the lawyer, he will notarize it for you.

Happy to share contact details of my lawyer, please send me a personal message if you need the same.

Hope this helps.

With Regards,
Punar

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

Recently I did my SDs for ACS in Singapore. The process is simple. Prepare your SD format and then print the same on an A4 plain paper. Then visit lawyer with the person (Colleague/Manager) who is doing SD for you as lawyer wants to meet them personally and SD should be signed in front of the lawyer. In Singapore we can't do an SD on a stamp paper as per local law. Once the signatures are done in front of the lawyer, he will notarize it for you.

Happy to share contact details of my lawyer, please send me a personal message if you need the same.

Hope this helps.

With Regards,
Punar
Hi Punar

Can you share the lawyer details for getting SD in Singapore.
many Thanks

Regards

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi,

Hope this helps.

With Regards,
Punar
Hi .. which format do we need to use? there are multiple formats of stat dec available and the one also available on commonwealth website, "Commonwealth statutory declaration form", "Statutory Declarations Act 1959". Is this the one to use? Can you please suggest?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi .. which format do we need to use? there are multiple formats of stat dec available and the one also available on commonwealth website, "Commonwealth statutory declaration form", "Statutory Declarations Act 1959". Is this the one to use? Can you please suggest?
Hii,
You can find a format on this forum or by googling. You can mail me if you cann't find and i ll reply with the one I used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi friends ,
Has anyone done statutory declaration here in singapore for documents for acs?

I want to understand the format and all. Do i need to have one stamp paper or each document or can i put them all together like we use to for various pages of home agreement. Just wanted to contact someone who has already done so .

Thanks
Pankaj
Hi Pankaj,

I am also looking for same information. Are you able to get statutory declaration in singapore. What procedure you followed? Appreciate if you can provide me details. Thanks

Reactions: ghai12000

·
Registered
128 Posts
We used the commonwealth stat decl form 1959 printed on A4 sheet. It was a self decl for Vetassess. Got it certified at Australian High Commission Singapore.

For this particular format, you dont need appt. If the format is your own, you would need to make an appt.

Reactions: mdshah

·
Registered
2 Posts
We used the commonwealth stat decl form 1959 printed on A4 sheet. It was a self decl for Vetassess. Got it certified at Australian High Commission Singapore.

For this particular format, you dont need appt. If the format is your own, you would need to make an appt.
Thanks for the reply. I think ACS will not accept self declaration. I need get my singapore work experience printed on SD and my previous colleague to sign on it.

Do you have any idea if the commonwealth SD can be used for ACS also?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry, since VA was our assessing body I am not sure what would suit ACS.

But since this is a kind of certification/attestation, I would think it should apply.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi,

Hope this helps.

With Regards,
Punar
Punar
Thank you so much for your contribution to this forum. It helps a lot.

I worked in Singapore ~5 years with more than 5 employers. I am in India since 2011.

I can get couple of companies(Job consultancies) with reference letters. Thats not a problem. But for the direct employers they are not willing to give reference letters in the format ACS needs. Hence I should go for statutory declarations.

Since I am not in Singapore, I can't go in person to the lawyer in this case can i get the singed declaration in A4 paper and get the document notarized in India?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

Appreciate if you could forward a copy of the SD to me. :)

Just wonder if Justice of peace can sign on it instead of a lawyer?

Hii,
You can find a format on this forum or by googling. You can mail me if you cann't find and i ll reply with the one I used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

Hope this helps.

With Regards,
Punar
Hi,
Could you kindly share your lawyer details with me ?

Regards,
Shriram

1 - 16 of 16 Posts