Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am in a Peculiar situation.

I need to obtain Statutory Declaration from Company A (previous) and Company B (Current).

My previous company is not responding to mailers and most likely wont be able to provide Experience Letter. My current company also does not have the option while I am working with them.

Now, the colleague who is at Manager position was working with me in Company A and also now in Company B. He has agreed to provide the Reference letter stating my Roles and Responsibilities as Database Developer.

Would it be advisable to take his reference for both Company A and Company B in two separate Reference Letters?

Also, I have another colleague who is Senior to me and supervises my work. His designation though is the same as mine. Can I take reference letter from him?

Appreciate your Responses.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Go with reporting manager's declarations. prepare two seperate declarations one each your companies. i myself used manager's declaration and got positive report today itself.

my friend and colleague had exact same scenario like yours and got the positive assessments.

can share the notorized papers of him as well, if needed.

Education: Bachelor Degree (15 points)
Work Experience: 5 points
PTE Mock A : LRSW 71 67 70 72
PTE Mock B : LRSW 76 72 67 73
PTE Exam 1: LRSW 73 85 65 85 (19 Jun)
PTE Exam 2: LRSW 89 78 65 89 (07 Aug)
ACS Applied: 19th July
ACS Received: 11th Aug

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advise.
I will go as per your suggestion.

Could you let me know if my Manager also needs to submit his Employment Proof with both companies? or is it sufficient to just submit my Employment proofs with those companies?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I also have a similar query.

Will the reference letter from the company HR (any HR) do?
Would I have to submit HR's employment proof or anything else?

What is the safest option for the reference letter?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I also have a similar query.

Will the reference letter from the company HR (any HR) do?
Would I have to submit HR's employment proof or anything else?

What is the safest option for the reference letter?
Get a Letter on company letter head from the HR. See the DIBP website for the template. But do not copy anything . Write in your own words about your role and responsibilities.
See the DIBP template and include all the fields mentioned there like designation, employment period, full/part time, employer name and address, detailed role description.

The same letter can be used during VISA lodge process as well. DIBP will use that letter to verify your employment and roles/responsibilities by contacting your employer/HR that time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Get a Letter on company letter head from the HR. See the DIBP website for the template. But do not copy anything . Write in your own words about your role and responsibilities.
See the DIBP template and include all the fields mentioned there like designation, employment period, full/part time, employer name and address, detailed role description.

The same letter can be used during VISA lodge process as well. DIBP will use that letter to verify your employment and roles/responsibilities by contacting your employer/HR that time.
Thanks for your reply.

So it won't be an issue if my manager doesn't give the reference letter?

Also, any HR of the company would do? Do they verify which department the signatory belongs to?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for your reply.

So it won't be an issue if my manager doesn't give the reference letter?

Also, any HR of the company would do? Do they verify which department the signatory belongs to?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I think HR wont issue without your manager validation. How can HR just issue without knowing that your manager has consent about your responsibilities?

I know its a challenge to get this letter from present employer. So in present employer case, you can also get a reference letter from some supervisory level colleague on an affidavit issued by him if you think current company HR/Manager wont give you that.

For past employments you can contact previous HRs who can issue the reference letter on company letter heads after validation from your supervisor in those companies. In case those managers have left then you need to find manager of managers. I know its clumsy but thats how it is. If you can't find anyone, then any colleague from previous companies too can issue letters in affidavit form from their side (affidavit should be from there detailing your roles and responsibilities). Although letter issued by HR will be better.

Bear in mind that DIBP will verify these letters although ACS/EA may OR may not.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the advise.
I will go as per your suggestion.

Could you let me know if my Manager also needs to submit his Employment Proof with both companies? or is it sufficient to just submit my Employment proofs with those companies?
No, manager details are not required. ACS and/or DBIP may or may not contact the company and/or the manager to validate if the declarations around roles are true. In my case, no verification was done by ACS.

DIBP will verify these most of the times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go with reporting manager's declarations. prepare two seperate declarations one each your companies. i myself used manager's declaration and got positive report today itself.

my friend and colleague had exact same scenario like yours and got the positive assessments.

can share the notorized papers of him as well, if needed.

Hi Abhijeet.

I have similar situation where i am not able to get letterhead reference from my previous employer. can you help share the format of Stat. Declaration that will be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi . I needed a small help.
I have the below documents:
1)transcripts
2)work experience,relieving letter and payslips
3) passport
My questions is, do I need to submit statutory declaration too? Am I missing any other doc?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi . I needed a small help.
I have the below documents:
1)transcripts
2)work experience,relieving letter and payslips
3) passport
My questions is, do I need to submit statutory declaration too? Am I missing any other doc?
If you have employer letter detailing your employment and detailed roles and responsibilities then you do not need statutory declarations.
DO not confuse roles and responsibilities letter with exp, relieving letter as those may not explain in details what duties you performed during the employment. The RnR letter should as per the format available on DIBP website and MUST NOT BE COPIED from anywhere.
In case when you are not able to obtain RnR letter from employer then an ex-colleague from same organization or your ex-supervisor can issue a statutory declaration detailing your roles and responsibilities. The statutory declaration should come from them not you.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you have employer letter detailing your employment and detailed roles and responsibilities then you do not need statutory declarations.
DO not confuse roles and responsibilities letter with exp, relieving letter as those may not explain in details what duties you performed during the employment. The RnR letter should as per the format available on DIBP website and MUST NOT BE COPIED from anywhere.
In case when you are not able to obtain RnR letter from employer then an ex-colleague from same organization or your ex-supervisor can issue a statutory declaration detailing your roles and responsibilities. The statutory declaration should come from them not you.
Hope this helps.

Thanks :) I do have the roles and responsibility letters. But do i need to notarize the letters?

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
One last question :D

Does the roles and responsibility letter need to mention that the letter is issued for PR purpose or should it be addressed specifically to ACS?
Issued for PR is also not required

Addressed to ACS specifically is also not required

To whom it may concern is good enough

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
The roles and responsibilities letter that I received from my previous company does not have the number of hours worked per week. It only says that I am a full time employee. Will that be acceptable?

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
The roles and responsibilities letter that I received from my previous company does not have the number of hours worked per week. It only says that I am a full time employee. Will that be acceptable?
The model reference letter given on the ACS website also does not have the number of hours worked written specifically in it

As long as FULL TIME employee is certified, it's good enough

Cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts