Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is software engineering going to be taken out of sol? I am in the middle of finishing my professional year. Will I be affected by this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where did you get this from?

·
Registered
208 Posts
So is software engineering going to be taken out of sol? I am in the middle of finishing my professional year. Will I be affected by this?
The list is always announced post end of previous financial year. New list for the current financial year will be announced on 1st July 2015.

They cannot remove the SE from the list that's were the bulk of money comes to the government and in this gloomy looking economy. The money you are going to invest in PR plus after coming here, has become most sought source for the current government.

So be calm and relax there is possibility that the counts might even get increased.:)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No one can accurately predict what changes may be made to the SOL, the CSOL or the state migration occupation lists. Unless the occupation is on the flagged list, it's most likely to continue on the lists, but nothing is guaranteed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Last year also people speculated this. But guess what DIBP increased the cap from 4800 to 5004. This year same will happen. DIBP gonna increase the cap as they can't afford to loose money when economy is any ways not doing good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts