Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I soon need to redo my Skills Assessment for ACS.
Does any of you know if the years they deduct of your experience to match an Australian degree can be taken from your experience more than 10 years ago?

In my previous ACS assessment my overseas Master degree required 2 years of working experience to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree (I know..). At that time it was taken from the years 2008-2009 and my skilled experiences started in 2010.

This time I am afraid it will be taken from 2010-2011 and skilled experience start to count from 2012, or does experience older than 10 years ago still count for this purpose?

·
Registered
133 Posts

Does any of you know if the years they deduct of your experience to match an Australian degree can be taken from your experience more than 10 years ago?

In my previous ACS assessment my overseas Master degree required 2 years of working experience to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree (I know..). At that time it was taken from the years 2008-2009 and my skilled experiences started in 2010.

This time I am afraid it will be taken from 2010-2011 and skilled experience start to count from 2012, or does experience older than 10 years ago still count for this purpose?

If you are reapplying for the assessment, it is pretty much the same as the last assessment. ACS review all the documents from the beginning as if you haven’t done the assessment before. It’s not that they will start deducting years since the last skill assessment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

For your case, ACS will deduct 2 years from the last 10 years or 4 from your total experience, whichever gives you earlier skill meeting date.
So, you can do the math.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses.

Applying in March 2019, it seems like ACS will then deduct 2009/3 to 2011/3 and set the start date for skilled experience to 2011/3.

However, let's say I receive an invite two years later on 2021/3, will they then count the skilled employment from ACS set start date or look at the last 10 years minus 2 from the visa lodgement date?

I am right on the limit so it is important to understand exactly where the line is drawn.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks for your responses.

Applying in March 2019, it seems like ACS will then deduct 2009/3 to 2011/3 and set the start date for skilled experience to 2011/3.

However, let's say I receive an invite two years later on 2021/3, will they then count the skilled employment from ACS set start date or look at the last 10 years minus 2 from the visa lodgement date?

I am right on the limit so it is important to understand exactly where the line is drawn.

Thanks in advance.
First, ACS assessment is valid only for two years.
For points, DHA considers only the last 10 years of your experience, i.e. even if ACS says you have 20 years of relevant experience, only last 10 years of your experience will fetch you the points.
DHA doesn't deduct any years from the relevant experience, just that only last 10 years of ACS assessed 'relevant experience' will be considered.
And once you receive the invite, it doesn't matter how many points you have from then.

Reactions: AndrewHurley

·
Registered
4 Posts
ACS Skills Assessment points claim

Hello guys,
I did by skill assessment by ACS in 2017. I am not sure that can I claim 5 points, 1 year of Australian experience from June 2017 to till date as I am in the same company Alectro which is Jan 2019 for migration or not?

-------------------------------ACS assessment----------------------------------------------

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) from University of Mumbai completed
May 2014 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in
computing.
The following employment after May 2017 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/14 - 01/15 (0yrs 6mths)
Position: Associate Web Developer
Employer: Media.Net Software Services (India) Pvt Ltd
Dates: 11/15 - 05/17 (1yrs 6mths)
Position: Developer Programmer
Employer: Alectro Pty Ltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hello guys,
I did by skill assessment by ACS in 2017. I am not sure that can I claim 5 points, 1 year of Australian experience from June 2017 to till date as I am in the same company Alectro which is Jan 2019 for migration or not?

-------------------------------ACS assessment----------------------------------------------

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Engineering) from University of Mumbai completed
May 2014 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in
computing.
The following employment after May 2017 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
level and relevant to 261312 (Developer Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/14 - 01/15 (0yrs 6mths)
Position: Associate Web Developer
Employer: Media.Net Software Services (India) Pvt Ltd
Dates: 11/15 - 05/17 (1yrs 6mths)
Position: Developer Programmer
Employer: Alectro Pty Ltd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.
Yes, you can claim 5 points for Au experience.

Reactions: tron

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Do I have to do skill assessment from ACS again in order to claim points?
If you are in the same company and your duties remain the same, you don't need to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Legolife

During my first ACS skills assessment, I didn't submit one of my job experience (company A) details (~2 years) because I thought the other experiences should be sufficient. Now, I received my results and noticed that they have removed 2 years from my total 6 years of relevant experience. How do I request for ACS to reconsider my application to include company A? I'm working on getting the statutory declaration from my manager from company A.

Please advise.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
During my first ACS skills assessment, I didn't submit one of my job experience (company A) details (~2 years) because I thought the other experiences should be sufficient. Now, I received my results and noticed that they have removed 2 years from my total 6 years of relevant experience. How do I request for ACS to reconsider my application to include company A? I'm working on getting the statutory declaration from my manager from company A.

Please advise.
You have to file a review application. See 'After your assessment' section of Migration Skills Assessment - FAQS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for your answers and discussions.

I have one more query, on one of my reference letters there is only address to the company but no direct contact/phone number to the manager who signed it.

Will ACS still accept this or will I have to redo it?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

I have one more query, on one of my reference letters there is only address to the company but no direct contact/phone number to the manager who signed it.

Does it have the company's email and phone number?
In my case, two out of three companies reference letters only had the company phone number and email, not the contact details of the person who signed them.
Having said that, if possible it is always good to have the contact details of the person who signed it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ACS Assessment Time

Hello Everyone,

I have applied for an renewal submitting documents for the recent 2 years experience, as my ACS got expired last month. How many weeks does it take in the recent times for the ACS assessment?

·
Registered
22,848 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for an renewal submitting documents for the recent 2 years experience, as my ACS got expired last month. How many weeks does it take in the recent times for the ACS assessment?
It’s very fast

In 2 weeks you should have your assessment

Cheers

·
Registered
22,848 Posts

ACS will accept it but DHA may not

Get your assessment done on this reference letter, but in due course get it changed to include your salary and the contact number of the person signing it

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
It’s very fast

In 2 weeks you should have your assessment

Cheers
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Also another thing I would like to know, in my employer reference letter the company has mentioned "Full time" and not specifically as(40 hrs/ week) which is mentioned in the Employment Reference sample. Will this be a problem when ACS is doing the assessment?

1 - 20 of 139 Posts