Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

I would like to understand two things.

1) Say over the course of my career, i was promoted thrice within the same company.
Do i have to take three separate reference letters for each one of them? Or just one letter from my HR regarding my current job roles and responsibilities would do?

2) Regarding document submission, are there any documents that have to be compulsorily notarized before i can submit them? Or there is no need to notarize any?

TIA.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Friends,

I would like to understand two things.

1) Say over the course of my career, i was promoted thrice within the same company.
Do i have to take three separate reference letters for each one of them? Or just one letter from my HR regarding my current job roles and responsibilities would do?

2) Regarding document submission, are there any documents that have to be compulsorily notarized before i can submit them? Or there is no need to notarize any?

TIA.

a) 1 document is required, you can detail whatever you want as part of that (add all mandatory fields). For detailing your designation changes you can additionally submit promotion letters.
b) Notarize everything for ACS/EA (with true copy stamp as well)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a) 1 document is required, you can detail whatever you want as part of that. For detailing your designation changes you can additionally submit promotion letters.
b) Notarize everything for ACS/EA
Thanks a lot Sharma ji. You're awesome. :)

One quick question - I've seen notaries whose sign would just say 'notarized' and their signature. Is that sufficient? Or should their registration number etc should also be included?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks a lot Sharma ji. You're awesome. :)

One quick question - I've seen notaries whose sign would just say 'notarized' and their signature. Is that sufficient? Or should their registration number etc should also be included?

They will have a stamp (round one). Notary/Advocate will sign on this. Then there will be a stamp consisting of word attested. This will have their name, ph number,location etc.
You also need a "True copy" stamp as well. Sometimes attested and true copy stamp is joined as 1 stamp (depends from notary to notary). If the notary/advocate is kind enough they may stamp date as well else they can write with their pen (green font usually).

To summarize
1) Round stamp (advocate/notary will sign here) - This will have notary reqd details
2) stamp with word attested and advocate/notary details and true copy. Usually notary puts a longer signature here
3) true copy stamp if not part of (2)
4) Date stamp (not mandatory if advocate/notary can add date while signing)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will have a stamp (round one). Notary/Advocate will sign on this. Then there will be a stamp consisting of word attested. This will have their name, ph number,location etc.
You also need a "True copy" stamp as well. Sometimes attested and true copy stamp is joined as 1 stamp (depends from notary to notary). If the notary/advocate is kind enough they may stamp date as well else they can write with their pen (green font usually).

To summarize
1) Round stamp (advocate/notary will sign here)
2) stamp with word attested and advocate/notary details and true copy. Usually notary puts a longer signature here
3) true copy stamp if not part of (2)
4) Date stamp (not mandatory if advocate/notary can sign)
So they'll sign with the true copy on all the colored print outs of the original documents. Correct?
Or do the some originals (like reference letter) need to be notarized?

Sorry if it sounds silly. Just confirming.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
So they'll sign with the true copy on all the colored print outs of the original documents. Correct?

Do not tamper the originals. Scan and take color xerox. Then notarize the color xerox copies. Save the originals un-tampered

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That answers it. Thanks a ton. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts

Is it necessary to have True copy mentioned there. Is "Copy Attested" not enough.

Thanks,

Raj kumar

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is it necessary to have True copy mentioned there. Is "Copy Attested" not enough.

Thanks,

Raj kumar
There is no such rule TBH. But ACS guidelines advise you to have it. And its not that this true copy stamp is not available.
In case you didn't get it and got attested then you can always go and ask notary/advocate to just add on top of existing stamps.

If you have already submitted to ACS without this stamp, then dont worry. I know few cases which got positively assessed even without that.

But if you ask me i got the true copy stamp added as i didn't want to submit without that and hence i suggest others as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is no such rule TBH. But ACS guidelines advise you to have it. And its not that this true copy stamp is not available.
In case you didn't get it and got attested then you can always go and ask notary/advocate to just add on top of existing stamps.

If you have already submitted to ACS without this stamp, then dont worry. I know few cases which got positively assessed even without that.

But if you ask me i got the true copy stamp added as i didn't want to submit without that and hence i suggest others as well.

Thank you so much Sharma Ji,.. you are awesome...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

Regarding ACS skills reassessment because the previous report expired, do we need to get the experience letters again from all the employers or the old ones will be valid?

Also, if a person has changed the organization after getting the ACS done and now there is a need for reassessment because previous ACS is going to expire then do that person need to get the updated experience letter from the organization where he was working previously at the time ACS was done?

regards,
Sumit Singla

·
Registered
25,782 Posts
Hello,

Regarding ACS skills reassessment because the previous report expired, do we need to get the experience letters again from all the employers or the old ones will be valid?

Also, if a person has changed the organization after getting the ACS done and now there is a need for reassessment because previous ACS is going to expire then do that person need to get the updated experience letter from the organization where he was working previously at the time ACS was done?

regards,
Sumit Singla
As nearly 2 years have expired since the last assessment, you should get updated reference letters from the companies you worked in this period.
I.e the previous company and of course the present company

You need not get fresh reference letters from companies where you worked long time back as those would not have any changes in th last 2 years

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

Quick question.
My manager has signed the reference letter on company letterhead. Is it necessary to attach his business card while submitting to ACS? He has written his name, designation, and employee number on the reference letter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.