Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I am on a 457 visa, and I am planning on trying PR through the Employer Nomination Scheme for the Developer Programmer - ANZSCO Code 261312.

I couldn't find the exact requirements to get a positive skills assessment. I did find a chart in the ACS website that shows the degrees and years of work experience, but I am not sure if that one is the right one (sorry I can't post links in this forum).

The thing is, I am not sure what my degree is considered here in Australia. My degree in Portuguese is "Curso Superior de Tecnologia da Gestão da Informação", and it was 2.5 years. Is this the equivalent of an Associate Degree?

I do have 12+ years of experience in my area, and the degree is related, so does that mean that I qualify to apply for the skills assessment?

I am bit lost and would appreciate any help.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
With 12+ years of relevant experience and a degree in Information & Technology, you sure are eligible to apply for skills assessment for 261312 and will receive a positive assessment. Be sure to study ANZSCO-Code-Information-2017.pdf and Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants - July 2017.pdf from the ACS website.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With 12+ years of relevant experience and a degree in Information & Technology, you sure are eligible to apply for skills assessment for 261312 and will receive a positive assessment. Be sure to study ANZSCO-Code-Information-2017.pdf and Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants - July 2017.pdf from the ACS website.
Thank you so much! So even if I'm not entirely sure what my degree is in Australia, I should still apply for the Skills application type (work + education) as it does have a certain relevancy? Thanks again!!

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Yes, because even in the worst of scenarios when your degree is not assessed as ICT qualification, ACS requires you to have 6 years of relevant work experience to gain a positive assessment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, because even in the worst of scenarios when your degree is not assessed as ICT qualification, ACS requires you to have 6 years of relevant work experience to gain a positive assessment.
Perfect. Thank you so much and have a great day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts